Advice needed on wiring

Hey
I decided to go with the Visonic Powermax Pro.
I have that mounted and partially installed.
I did it in conjunction with some renovations. Therefore, I was able/am able to run cables to the unit and keep them hidden.

I ran power, 1 x cat 5 and 2 x 4-Core alarm cable

My goal is to be able connect the alarm to my vera. Hence, the cat5 cable. The vera unit is approx. 10m away… so I have still to figure out how to connect it.

Do I need to run anymore to it? If so, why?

Thanks in adavnce…

[quote=“konradwalsh, post:1, topic:180829”]Hey
I decided to go with the Visonic Powermax Pro.
I have that mounted and partially installed.
I did it in conjunction with some renovations. Therefore, I was able/am able to run cables to the unit and keep them hidden.

I ran power, 1 x cat 5 and 2 x 4-Core alarm cable

My goal is to be able connect the alarm to my vera. Hence, the cat5 cable. The vera unit is approx. 10m away… so I have still to figure out how to connect it.

Do I need to run anymore to it? If so, why?

Thanks in adavnce…[/quote]

How are you connecting the Powermax to Vera? You running the serial cable threw the cat5 > DB9 adaptor > Serial to USB adaptor > Vera ?

How are you connecting the Powermax to Vera? You running the serial cable threw the cat5 > DB9 adaptor > Serial to USB adaptor > Vera ?[/quote]

:slight_smile: I haven’t figured this part out yet…

but I have an FDTI device, I have a serial to USB device and I have serial to ethernet cable…

But either way, this is why I ran a CAT 5 cable to ensure I have a connection to it

How are you connecting the Powermax to Vera? You running the serial cable threw the cat5 > DB9 adaptor > Serial to USB adaptor > Vera ?[/quote]

:slight_smile: I haven’t figured this part out yet…

but I have an FDTI device, I have a serial to USB device and I have serial to ethernet cable…

But either way, this is why I ran a CAT 5 cable to ensure I have a connection to it[/quote]

I guess. this panel doesn’t have any other inputs or outputs. So the wires you have should be fine. This doesn’t have a delay entry right on any doors right?

I’ve no idea. . I’ve just got it last week in the middle of renovations

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

[quote=“konradwalsh, post:5, topic:180829”]I’ve no idea. . I’ve just got it last week in the middle of renovations

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well these all in one packages are great for installing next to the front entry door with a delay so family members can open the door and disarm the system.

This also work great to open the front door and smash the unit during the 30sec entry delay before it sends off and cellular signal of a problem.
Siren, cell antenna and all are conveniently located in a plastic box right next to the door for the thief.

Remote keypad next to the door instead of this will help a bit.

Hi,

I’ve just got my Vera 3 and I also got the RS-232 interface from Visonic. Is this enough to connect the Powermax to Vera or do I need something else?

Thanks

You’ll need a USB->RS232 converter, as the Vera only has USB inputs. Advised is to use an FTDI based one.

Thanks, i was missing the USB converter.

All working fine now :slight_smile: