Ademco/Honeywell Vista sensors

I’ve had my Vera plus for a week now, and I’m still getting accustomed to the interface. I used to have ADT’s Pulse system, which, while more limited in the Z-Wave aspect, did interact a bit better with alarm sensors for triggering events. It only makes sense. I basically left them because of the high monthly cost, and limited z-wave functionality.

So, I’ve had some interaction with tech support in getting Vera to recognized my Vista 20P system. I have the AD2USB device, everything communicates correctly, but I’ve had to get tech support involved to configure the alarm panel sensors. Originally, they configured all the sensors as motion sensors, and I’ve asked them to switch them to door/window sensors. They claim it’s through a third-party plugin that doesn’t seem to show up in my dashboard. I’m not sure what this plugin is, but it seems to be an all or none approach to the sensors. I have two door sensors, 4 window sensors, one glass break sensor, and one smoke/heat sensor. So, 3/4 of the sensors are door/window sensors, and the other two I probably never need to use in z-wave interaction, but I’m wondering if there is another way to get them to show up correctly? I’m also trying to figure out how I can configure them, and not have to have tech support do it for me.

Thanks for any advice/feedback. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there that has this issue.

Mine is the same way. I contacted the Vera support folks and they said “All the zones appear as a motion sensor , that?s the usual behavior , but you can change the zone names in the plugin I think.”

Not sure if that is the final weigh in but I was unable to change the device type as the plugin recreates them as motion sensors. I think the solution is likely to fix the plugin to allow selection of device types per zone, but perhaps someone else knows more.