Ademco - Alert When on Battery Power

Gosh… I know someone asked about this on a DSC panel. and I have searched the board and can’t find his post.

Anyone know if we can get an alert through the panel that the Alarm system is on Battery Power?

(I have setup a Z-wave sensor already to send Vera a Power Failure alert… and I know I can setup a Dry contact on the alarm with a relay connected to power to do the same… Just looking for options)

Interesting question. I saw it yesterday but did most respond because I do’t have a DSC.

My alarm is monitored, so the alarm co will actually call me if the battery starts to croak. Plus, that keypads indicate Low Battery. So we know we the information is there.

I guess you could request the developer of the DSC plugin to add the code that is needed to indicate to vera that the battery is low. Perhaps add a secondary device that is triggered by the low battery.

Good problem.

I have an Ademco Panel, I was referring to a person here who asked about the same thing for a DSC panel.

I am more interested that… since, like you said the battery info IS sent to the panel I can use it for power loss notification.

The bottom of my post says, I already did this with Zwave to trigger a power out situation…

This was just to make it cleaner …

For DSC alarm:

You can use PLEG to monitor the Vendor Status property of your partition.
If it has a value of: Trouble Status (LED ON)

then you know you need to do something … like check the power or change the battery

I bought a second Veralite just to install PLEG on and learn PLEG without taking down the office functions.

I’m reading all I can… still lost, but it’s only been a day

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:178990”]For DSC alarm:

You can use PLEG to monitor the Vendor Status property of your partition.
If it has a value of: Trouble Status (LED ON)

then you know you need to do something … like check the power or change the battery[/quote]

You are a terrific resource, Richard.