Ademco/AD2USB: Arming/disarming devices

I have a bunch of window/door/motion devices that were installed by my security company. I see them through VeraPlus via the AD2USB device.

My question is… if I disarm them or arm them through the Vera UI… does that override or affect in any way, the way they behave through the Vista Panel?

For instance, if I disarm a motion through Vera, is that only for Vera purposes?

I don’t personally have one of the adapters but I am an alarm technician and work with the Vista series panels. It is my understanding that the adapter you are using is basically a keypad emulator, and can then therefore receive any information that would normally be sent to the keypad, and send data back to the panel in the form of simulated key presses. So in that sense, there should be no way for the vera to interfere with your alarm panel unless you send simulated key presses back to the panel. IE, send a bypass requested for the specific motion. Most likely it is just checking the state of the motion on a regular basis and updating a virtual sensor on your vera. So what you do to the virtual sensor shouldn’t affect the actual alarm panel. But if it were somehow to do that, then it would also show up as a bypass on your hardwired keypad.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I’ve experimented and found you to be correct, but it’s really great to have that level of detail as to why it works as it does.

Much appreciated…