Added new Reactor Sensor, error "cant detect device"

Hi Patrick, today I went to add some new reactor sensors and when I did, the sensor added as per usual but the new sensor shows an error “cant detect device” and “see log files”. The vera logs in the UI are useless and show precisely nothing.

I’ve deleted the new sensor, re-added it, deleted the sensor rebooted, tried creating again and no change - all my existing sensors continue to work perfectly.

I was on version 1.6 of reactor but have since forced an update in the Apps section and am now back to 1.58 (although in reactor it says 1.6 still) and the issue is still there.

Reactor Sensors with empty/invalid configuration will show this error. Did you go in and try to configure it?

I’d never seen that before so no I didn’t even try to configure them. :-[

facepalm

Doh, so once configured and restarted they are fine - that error really threw me, perhaps you could use something more informative when there’s no config in place yet?

Doh, so once configured and restarted they are fine - that error really threw me, perhaps you you use something more informative when there’s no config in place yet?[/quote]

Agreed. That’s a bit disarming. I have Reactor in pieces at the moment and scattered all about the floor. When I put it back together, I’ll take care of that.

Doh, so once configured and restarted they are fine - that error really threw me, perhaps you you use something more informative when there’s no config in place yet?[/quote]

Agreed. That’s a bit disarming. I have Reactor in pieces at the moment and scattered all about the floor. When I put it back together, I’ll take care of that.[/quote]

Awesome, Thanks Patrick. 8)