Ad2USB--USB port problems?

Is there any way to test the USB port on VeraPlus is working correctly? I’m using the Ad2USB connector to my alarm system and have noticed that the last 2 times I’ve added devices to vera/updated scenes (did both at the same time, so not sure which is the cause), I’ve lost the connection to the alarm system. The first time customer support was able to restore the connection.

This time, customer support is telling me to make sure the AD2USB is functioning without vera. Not sure how to do this and highly skeptical that the issue is on the AD2 side, given the history.

Any thoughts/help on either testing the usb port or how I should confirm the issue is not with the AD2USB would be very appreciated.

ETA, that in looking through my system, I found the following in my startup Lua–pretty sure I didn’t do this. Can anyone tell me what it means?
local plm=“/dev/ttyUSB0”
local rblt = require(“RBLuaTest”)
rbLuaTest=rblt.ebLuaTest
luup.register_handler(“rbLuaTest”,“LuaTest”)

Nevermind–I think this is a remnant of when I was trying out insteon. I’ve deleted in case it was the issue, but still no luck

For anyone else who may have this problem, called vera support and they were able to resolve. They confirmed the connection was ok and had me re-enter and save the pin code and system is back online.