AD2USB in Master/Slave config??

I’ve been running a VeraLite for several years. I just added a Vera Plus. What I would like to do is continue to use my VeraLite to provide the interface to my Vista 20P through the AD2USB. I would like my Vera Plus to be able to monitor the door/window sensor states so that I can trigger scenes and control things like my thermostats. Does this sound reasonable? What are some thoughts on design for this use case? I’m still searching threads for similar solutions but I thought I would start a discussion here.

Why not go the networked ad2usb approach with a raspberry pi and ser2sock and have both veras able to use the same stream for different things?

I guess thats a last resort option. I’d rather get just the two vera’s to deal with it if I can. Seems like thats a use case that isn’t as logical as I hoped. If I go that route then I really have no use for the vera lite. Maybe the simplest approach is to modify the ser2net.conf to redirect the ad2usb to the vera plus. I just need to figure out how to edit it.

For the sake of closing out this thread, I went the pi route.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26672.0.html