Actions are quicker than timers

Richard, I have some conditions that when detecting (via ping) that the cell phone is not at home, starts a self retrigger timer, and after that, if the phone has not come back (because of wlan disconnections), then runs a turn off all scene. Although the logic seems to work fine, I am having a problem, the Action that activates the timer is not fast enough, so when the condition to turn all of is met, it is evaluated true because the timer is false. As a workaround, I am using sequences to check the order of the timestamp, so I can deal with it, but I don’t know if it is how you intended this.

Attached is the report.

Regards

Sorry, my last report was out of margins.

I think you do need to use sequence expressions in this type of logic. I believe all the condition statements will get evaluated before any actions are fired.

Thanks Rex, I manage to make the workaround work as expected, but I thought that the action was quicker than the next evaluation in this case that is just a timer not involving any Z-Wave transmission…

As soon as a condition becomes true I QUEUE the actions, before evaluating the next condition.
They will happen shortly after. They will not actually happen until after all the current evaluations are completed.
The QUEUE was to reduce the possibility of causing Vera Restarts by trying to do too much at once.

Ok, I see, its good to know, now I know how to program that.

Regards.