Access Datamine through internet

Hi, I access my home vera from work via the internet by logging in through http://cpui5.mios.com. Works great except now that I have datamine I can’t access the datamine graphs with this method. I can still only access datamine from my local network.

Is there a config change I can do to make this work?

thanks

[quote=“rymiller, post:1, topic:175084”]Hi, I access my home vera from work via the internet by logging in through http://cpui5.mios.com. Works great except now that I have datamine I can’t access the datamine graphs with this method. I can still only access datamine from my local network.

Is there a config change I can do to make this work?

thanks[/quote]

This has been asked in other datamine threads. It is not possible to access this outside of Vera via the MCV remote servers e.g. cpui5.mios.com.

• Garrett

Okay, thought so. Thanks for the quick reply.

I forwarded port 80 in my router to vera ip. Enabled security on vera (login required to visit page)
Now I can also see datamine logging over the internet.

Maybe not really secure, but it works.

This is highly unsecure and your login is not encrypted. I would suggest you use either port forwarding via ssh or a vpn tunnel.

• Garrett

I strongly agree with @garrettwp

I do not think anyone here should promote or discuss ways to make your system vulnerable … There are a lot of people that will emulate what they read … not knowing the implications … Their personal information loss is their problem … but they are open to become part of a massive distributed internet attack … and that is our problem.

It is already happening (Not necessarily with Vera at this time, but that’s the thing … you won’t know) !!!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:6, topic:175084”]I strongly agree with @garrettwp

I do not think anyone here should promote or discuss ways to make your system vulnerable … There are a lot of people that will emulate what they read … not knowing the implications … Their personal information loss is their problem … but they are open to become part of a massive distributed internet attack … and that is our problem.

It is already happening (Not necessarily with Vera at this time, but that’s the thing … you won’t know) !!![/quote]

Could not have said it any better.

• Garrett