Accept delivery remotely, with videos?

Hi,

I’ve searched the web but could not find a fully integrated solution…

Here is what I’m looking to achieve… Keep in mind that I don’t need the solution to be “all in one”…

Here is how the system should work.

1. The delivery driver ring the doorbell
  2. I receive a video call from the door and I can speak with the driver
  3. I hit a button on my smartphone and the door unlock (using my z-wave door lock)
  4. The driver leave the goods inside and the door lock itself (using a z-wave door sensor)

I’ve look at, Ring, Skybell and other doorbell like those but none of them have a way to push a command through their app so I can open the doorlock. The only thing I saw them do is open the lock app from their app to unlock.

I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting to do this… How did you guys did it or planning on doing it?

I’m ready to setup a server to do that and integrate rtsp ip cameras to it and use the vera api to launch scenes… The intercom can be done using asterisk inside the server itself or a local sip server (that I already have). The whole system should use push notification on my phone. I can see a raspberry pi as the server to handle everything even use a gpio pin to detect the doorbell.

As you can see I’m ready to do anything that would allow me to do that exactly! I receive a LOT of delivery and I hate chasing them all over the city because they could not deliver. I have my stuff delivered because I don’t have time do get the said stuff… I’m self employed and I receive deliveries for my business while I’m visiting clients… Amazon even deliver my toilet paper and all the boring stuff that we all need…

Note for those security freaks… The delivery would take place inside the garage and the driver would not have access to the house without going through a locked door… The unlock button in the app would unlock the outside door while locking the inside one and if the inside one does not lock for some reason the outside one would not unlock.

One possible idea: If you can talk to the delivery guy, just give him/her the pin code. Then when the code is used, have Vera disable or change the code to something else a couple of minutes later.

Our Doorbird will do everything you need and more.
You can trigger a relay to trigger a door or gate right through the Doorbird app as you are seeing and talking to your guest or even better, use a third party UI to get every aspect of your front door on one page.

Doorbird can also integrate with your Vera and has the capability of ethernet or WIFI.

August makes a video doorbell that allows unlocking their branded locks through the app while talking to the visitor.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Jamr, post:3, topic:198020”]Our Doorbird will do everything you need and more.
You can trigger a relay to trigger a door or gate right through the Doorbird app as you are seeing and talking to your guest or even better, use a third party UI to get every aspect of your front door on one page.

Doorbird can also integrate with your Vera and has the capability of ethernet or WIFI.[/quote]

Is there a plugin to use the Doorbird in Vera?

The last I looked there was not. You have to use their API. But they are the only video door station that has the capability of doing so.
I forgot to mention that their video is ONVIF compliant so you can see it on your LAN and record it with it with your NVR.
If you are looking for a video doorbell unit that you can do more with, than DB is the one to look at.

Here is a good thread to check out.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=34857.0

Thank you for all your replies! I’ll look into the Doorbird, even though I find it a little bit overpriced it look very solid… But I would need to install an electric striker for it to unlock the door. I tough I could use Vera and the z-wave door lock I have installed on that door.

This looks promising : DoorBird Fibaro Z-Wave Integration - YouTube

August electric door Locks are a partner of Doorbird and Z-Wave.

Here is a list of the current DB partners or compatible products.

I see Doorbird has a link to configuration in Vera which is a good thing. Does it also work as an IP Camera in BlueIris?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[quote=“Sammy2, post:9, topic:198020”]I see Doorbird has a link to configuration in Vera which is a good thing. Does it also work as an IP Camera in BlueIris?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk[/quote]

It should. DB is ONVIF compliant. We get DB video on almost anything we install.

I did not realize @nameless mentioned August earlier in this thread.
Thank you Nameless.