A few beginner questions

Just installed this, and i’m figuring it out. Just a few questions:

The theme i choose on on computer is not shown on another?

I get “Failure” on installing any plugins?

I have two logins for my Vera Plus, and when i login to AltUI it greets me with the name of the other user?

Other than that it looks good! :slight_smile:

[quote=“anon37769099, post:1, topic:197824”]Just installed this, and i’m figuring it out. Just a few questions:

The theme i choose on on computer is not shown on another?[/quote]
ALTUI is designed so you can have several devices running ALTUI in your home and for each of them have different preferences like themes, favorites, etc…

you probably click on the “ALT” button which requires the AltAppStore plugin to install plugins from the alternate app store. to install a plugin from VERA store, using the normal way, click on the “Vera” button

user does not matter in ALTUI, it is just the first one that is found in the list of users and is just used for licensing. if you license once I can create additional users for you if needed

thx

you probably click on the “ALT” button which requires the AltAppStore plugin to install plugins from the alternate app store. to install a plugin from VERA store, using the normal way, click on the “Vera” button[/quote]

OK, so i need the AltAppStore plugin to use the “ALT” plugins? Thats one serious catch 22, as theres only an “ALT” button under that plugin. :wink:

you probably click on the “ALT” button which requires the AltAppStore plugin to install plugins from the alternate app store. to install a plugin from VERA store, using the normal way, click on the “Vera” button[/quote]

AltAppStore is really useful for openLuup users, otherwise you may as well proceed with vera app store.
Your question is valid, you can check if http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38102.0.html answers your question ( you have files in the first post ) or contact akbooer for help on AltAppStore install

OK, so i need the AltAppStore plugin to use the “ALT” plugins? Thats one serious catch 22, as theres only an “ALT” button under that plugin. ;)[/quote]