A couple of [hopefully] easy questions to get me started with using VeraAlerts

Like the topic [almost] said - I’m looking for a couple of pointers to start using VeraAlerts intelligently. Specifically, I was wondering about this:

1. What is the minimum amount of code to put into the luup section of a scene in order to send some text to the default recipients? I tried this luup.call_action("urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1", "SendAlert", {Message = "Message String {tone:1}", 83)
    (complete contents of the luup section), but it doesn’t seem to do anything. The scene seems to work fine, though.

2. Is it possible to make a scene report at certain intervals during the execution? Without coding the whole thing in luup? (or is it some automagic way to convert a scene to luup?):

[ul][li]At time x, display message
Send message if execution is stopped or interrupted
At the start of a block (delay) send message[/li]
[li][/li][/ul]

Cheers,

Lars

Close:

luup.call_action(“urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1”, “SendAlert”, {Message = “Message String {tone:1}”}, 83)

And of course you need to replace 83 with the device ID for your Vera Alert plugin.

It sounds like you need to use PLEG or LUA for what you want to do.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:185694”]Close:

luup.call_action(“urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1”, “SendAlert”, {Message = “Message String {tone:1}”}, 83)

And of course you need to replace 83 with the device ID for your Vera Alert plugin.

It sounds like you need to use PLEG or LUA for what you want to do.[/quote]
Ah, ok - didn’t change the id :slight_smile:

Do you know if there’s a way to convert an existing scene to lua? Would make things simpler :wink:

Also note I added a }