7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

Hi I am still using the old VERA Plus and it is solid pretty much. Any chance for the FW final release?

Lots of reported fixes that it just doesn’t seem like Vera users are going to get. It’s been 18 months since the links were posted for the Beta release.

3 Likes

Dont expect any official response to this thread there has been none only Tumbleweeds…

2 Likes

16 months after the last post by a Vera team member. Any news?

I’ve been running 7.31 on my VeraPlus “forever” to control my 130-ish devices. It has several bugs, mostly in the UI. I’d love to upgrade to the latest 7.32 in the hopes that some of these bugs are fixed.

Will 7.32 EVER see the light of day?

Hello @gregreid

Our Vera controllers software development has been finished. As our company grows, we’re actively working on improving our controllers’ portfolio, launching units with higher capacity, more protocols, and exciting features for our customers to enjoy. This is why we’re offering an upgrade program for customers in the United States and Canada; you can purchase one of our newer controllers for a very affordable price. Ask me about the upgrade program if you wish to know more about it!

We hope you understand this decision as an opportunity to try our newly developed creations and continue to rely on our highly trained tech support team.

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

From what I’ve been reading here Ezlo is just not mature enough yet to take that role not to mention there is still no easy migration path.

Hi Jonathan
I suppose your desire for existing loyal customers to enjoy the exciting new features does not extend to those outside North America?

1 Like

Hi @Octoplayer

we are about to launch our EU version hubs shortly. Where are you based ? We also have a softhub version where you can download our hub to a desired hardware of yours and use a zwave stick of your Mhz and enjoy all the exiciting new features of our platform as well.

Please have a look from here:

https://www.ezlo.com/ezlo-softhub/

1 Like

How does this solve the migration issue?
It should be as easy as when I get a new computer or phone I just restore from a backup and voila I have my exact configuration running on new hardware and OS.
If I can’t do this I can’t see moving to Ezlo I don’t have the time to reconfigure and test everything all over.

What are the absolute musts from your pov for a successful migration ?

We currently have zwave backup restore to migrate zwave network. Would it be enough for you ? Any other scenes/lua scripts/plugins which are a must for you ? Can you provide some feedback

Hi Osman,
I am in the UK; I have looked at Softhub previously, but was waiting for the “path for upgrading to newer EZLO hardware” that Melih was investigating over a year ago.

I am heavily invested in V+, with a lot of LUA, Workflows, Custom UI, etc to control my heating, Solar and Car charging, Security, TV, Alexa, communicate with 3 Arduino web systems, 2-3 external websites, etc. but with an admission finally that Vera is no longer developed and hence there will never be a “lift and shift” migration path, and that Ezlo hardware is still not available / affordable outside N America I am looking at alternatives in case of hardware failure.

I have some 25-30 devices, so the ability to migrate the network would save maybe an afternoon. But recoding about 10 years of logic development I guess would take approx a month (and may not all work).

For me, the musts would be:
Central Heating: Ability to loop through all my Stellaz TRVs, if any are below requested temp then turn on heating (complex set of LUA in Scenes and Startup code, largely because Vera would deadlock if lots of requests queued up)
Car Charger: Ability to combine house and battery consumption, battery charge level, predicted solar input, car charge rate, Boost / overnight charge options (currently two Altui Workflows).
Security: Inputs from alarm system and my dashboard to set alarm status, control TV (via Harmony) and Hue Lights (more Altui workflows).
Costs: Ability to calculate realtime costs/savings of running ASHP and rest of house from Peak / offpeak/solar/battery supply.
Comms: Talk to solar prediction site, Car range/status site, Solar Arduino, Car Charger Arduino, Alexa, weather station.

Nice to have:
Logging: ability to output values to Thingspeak
Monitor: ping status of flood monitor, NAS, doorbell, relays etc.
Dashboard: to control individual/ group TRVs, car charging, holiday mode, and display heating, car, and house status (Altui Dashboard)
Orchestrator: I have an Altui State Machine to schedule the various scenes, web queries and control outputs to minimise collisions, again largely due to Vera frequently deadlocking if the tasks ran asynchronously.

One option would seem to be to port to RPi with OpenLuup using V+ just as a Zwave bridge, migrate functionality in stages to softhub, bridge to an Ezlo for the zwave, and move the code onto the new hub. But then I would need a good reason to get new hardware rather than just getting a ZWave USB stick.

Regards
Octo

Longtime vera user, started with vera, upgraded to vera 2, vera 3, vera plus, but feel totally abandoned. Never went to Elzo because there is no clear migration path, even if every device could migrate in, having to rewrite every scene would be a nightmare considering many rely on plugin devices that provide lacking functionality in vera.

Your FAQ from years ago, should be updated since it seems that 7.32 firmware is vaporware, with no intention to ever release it.

Your FAQ states that:

How long will the Vera platform continue to receive support? Will you continue to release firmware upgrades?*

The next firmware upgrade (7.32) is already planned, and we will be maintaining support for the platform. After 7.32 we’ll be making maintenance upgrades on an as-needed basis to ensure full functionality

1 Like

Hello @DLR

We appreciate your comments and we will forward them to the corresponding department.

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.