7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

I lodged a support ticket as suggested in another thread.

Support was unable to fix the issue via remote access, asked for a phone call to troubleshoot.

Never responded to first suggested time for the call.

Second time was agreed to, never called at agreed time.

I sent a follow up email, and find that the address I had previously been using to communicate with support now no longer exists (support@getvera.com)

Is their entire infrastructure down, or is this some sort of bizarre scam ??

Email address seems to work OK for me in terms of it sent me back an instant auto reply stating:

Your request (250100) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Did you get an error or bounce back message?

@Leonardo_Soto Please can you look at @gmsithsa support ticket.

Thanks

It bounced (I tried twice):

Address not found

Your message wasn’t delivered to support@getvera.com because the address couldn’t be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response was:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient’s email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help p3sor577298plq.34 - gsmtp

Support ticket was 249392

Maybe there was a temporary mail server issue. I just emailed that same email address as I said and it worked for me just then.

I just checked ticket 249392 and it has been replied to this morning by Oscar. Please check your email’s inbox and spam folders. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello,
We’ve released a new beta version.

UI7 - Vera Firmware Update (Open Beta 4)

Firmware versions:
Vera Edge: https://dl.mios.com/rl/732/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.5385-en-mios.squashfs
Vera Plus: https://dl.mios.com/rl/732/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.5386-en-mios.squashfs
Vera Secure: https://dl.mios.com/rl/732/mt7621s_Luup_ui7-1.7.5387-en-mios.squashfs

Fixed:
Removed mios_fix_time script.

4 Likes

@edward Door sensors are still not honoring their ModeSettings value as previously described here: 7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release - #78 by rigpapa

2 Likes

I am having many problems of devices (mainly Fibaro door/window sensor FGW-002) becoming offline/online frequently. It seems that it could be one of the problems fixed by this beta version, is it?

But, at the same time I see that many other users are still having problems with this beta version, then my question is: If I upgraded to this new 7.32 beta version, using the backup procedures of course, in the case I would have new problems, would I be able to return to my current 7.31 version using the restore procedure?

My main current problem is that the sensor doesn’t report a door open/closed situation, I did an unpair in my VERA Edge controller, it did it, but when I tried to pair back it again, it gave the message “Successfully Exchanged Security Keys”, but later on it gave “Device failed ti configure” message and it stayed at “waiting for wakeup” and, even if I tried it to wakeup clicking its button, it didn’t.

Regards.

We haven’t yet managed to reproduce the issue. What version of virtual sensors plugin are you using?

It doesn’t matter if the sensor is virtual, real, or just a stub. But it turns out, it’s pilot error on my part. It looks like when I installed a previous Beta, I either opted for “factory reset” or the “mode settings” under My Modes got reset to default, like this:

and in that default, sensors were not honoring their ModeSetting state variable on the devices. I personally think it’s odd to have a separate setting for “default” or “custom” when each device has its own ModeSetting that is itself default or custom, but that’s my bias, not a bug for you. Sorry for the error.

1 Like

So are there still open issues to resolve or is 7.32 moving out of beta?

5 Likes

I updated my Vera Secure a couple of days ago. Today when I got home, the Vera is dead. No led lights, no nothing. I switched the power adapter, and no change. It’s dead. Period. It was two years old.
Can I try anything? CPR? Or is it time to move on?
Best regards,
/Fanan

I’m sorry to hear that. There were some posts about reviving a bricked Vera Plus or Edge but they needed a bin file from the support group and you had to be able to connect to the unit to load it.
If it’s not a power supply issue then I would suggest that you reach out to support to see if there is a secret handshake that can be used to revive the Vera Secure for a factory reset.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi crew,
Is there a plan or date for beta 5, or the final release?
I now have a spare box, so thinking of upgrading the offline unit, but only want to do it once :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks
Octo

3 Likes

Good morning,

Unfortunately that sounds like the unit is hardware defective/broken. However, have you try using it without the battery?

Please make this known issue a priority … Issue with being unable to set weekly restrictions on Schlage BE469ZP and BE468ZP locks.

1 Like

Hi @jesus.ramos
I’ve tried that and everything else. It’s clinically dead. I contacted the support, and they said that the warrenty period is over, so I should buy a new controller.

Yup, nothing to do about that.

Regards,

@Fanan , as you seem to be in sweden you have a three year complaint period (reklamationsrätt) according to the consumer purchase act (konsumentköplagen), the complaint should be directed at the reseller.
I have had the battery for my vera secure replaced twice by my reseller (loh electronics), the last time was after about three years.

1 Like

How do you do that, use the Vera Secure without the battery ?