2nd Genaration H@L - Android Only Voice Recognition for Vera

Let me give it a try. Thanks.

Hi Richard,

I downloaded the app however I can’t get it to work. On the Properties tab it says Vera User@cp.mios.com however I used the home.getvera.com website to configure my Vera 3 so I don’t have a account at cp.mios.com. I have an account at home.getvera.com but I can’t see how to change it on the properties tab. My vera 3 is connected through the WAN to my router however the Help tab hasn’t detected my Vera. Can someone please assist as I would really like to get this app working. :frowning:

It sounds to me you are running UI6. If your firmware is 1.6.XXX, it will not work with your Vera remotely.

• Garrett

Hi Garret,

can I get it to work locally then on UI6 or am I better off going back to UI5?

It should work locally on UI6.

Hi RIchard,

I have installed/unistalled the app twice however it’s not connecting to Vera. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’m not sure if my pc firewall is blocking access to the app and if I have to open a port which port number should I use.

For UI6 you have to use the WAN Direct Connect

Use your XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3480

Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is your local IP Address.

I typed in my local IP and the port number you gave and now I get the Topic and Room buttons showing under the Help menu which I never got before. The properties page doesn’t show my Vera ID. I think once I can get Hal to recognise my vera I should be able to make it work. Also when I press the Hal button to talk, I don’t get the Google listening screen like you do in your YouTube video. The app doesn’t respond.

I will have to try it on my ui6 test system.

I’m guessing there’s no movement on getting programs like these working on UI6 for those of us unfortunate enough to have upgraded to it before we found out it was a mistake?

I will get back to this.
I have been waiting for MCV to answer a question for more than a month. I will see if I can get the answer from one of the developers who has managed to get UI6 access working.

I just installed this on Android 4.2.2 and as soon as the app opens I get “version expired.”

Any setting I try to complete or configure, the app crashes.

:-[

I have had HAL for ages and it just started to report that same Version Expired error on my xoom, mobiles and nexus tablets.

Any ideas Richard? Let me know if you want me to test, delete etc.

Cheers
Tim

Just installed the update from the Play Store and HAL is now working again. No more Version Expired message.

Thanks RTS

Tim

I confirm. Works again on my Tab 2.

Question:
If I want to wall mount my Tab 2 and just use my voice to control my Vera, how would I go about that?

There are a couple of apps out there who recognize voice but you have to push a button or I have to start Google Voice Search and have it running where I have to say “Ok Google”.

What I would like is to come home and without any buttons I would like to wake up HAL and then control my Vera e.g. I come home and do things like:
“Buddy, turn on kitchen lights and power on TV”
or in the morning walking by my tablet on the way to the shower say “Buddy, turn on coffee machine”.

I know KitKat is close to getting there but Tab 2 10.1 runs Android 4.1.2.

Problem 1) is to wake up the tablet via voice without having to press a button and Problem 2) HAL also requires to push a button to talk.

Any ideas?

It’s on my list … I have to get the UI6 stuff working … Then I have a bunch of queued up changes for HAL … it’s been on the back burner.

i had a few times crash on the app when using the voice button and it turned out i had only the IP of vera filled in. as soon as i changed this too vera-ip:3480 it works ok now with latest version.
also works on local lan on UI6 and UI7 beta using android 4.3 on my samsung S3 using Ivona HQ voices
for remote from WAN to work on UI6 it needs a MMS login with token and for UI7 beta it needs to have other auth servers to connect. they will change to UI6 auth servers when UI7 final comes out according to garrettwp.

I have an upgrade coming soon … uses my new library for UI6 remote support … better switching between local/remote. A few more supported devices, multiple Veras, …

oh that is great news :slight_smile:
u make this in java ? i could use the code for that to implement in my windows vera remote… saves me a lot of waiting for mcv to answer mail and figuring out.
i can translate that to .net like ur former java connector thingy. if u want to give this in private its ok too. u know if MMS uses OAuth ?

I will post my notes today … I asked permission to do so over a week ago.
If they had a problem they had plenty of time to answer.