2 or more Sonos Bridge (posting here because not a specific place for sonos)

Hello Folks

I am posting here because do not have a section about Sonos devices setting up.

I have a big house to install sonos and I think 1 sonos connect will be little for that. someone using 2 or more sonos connect in a big home to extend the signal ?

how was the installation process for this ? (2 sonos connect).

Lolodomo, if you read this, how can I check if I have the latest version of sonos plugin in my vera3 ??

thanks in advance…

You add another device for each of your Sonos components and input their respective IP addresses. The adding of each new Sonos device follows they same step (expect uploading) as you did to create the first device.

Hi Brientim,…

this is ok for me,
I am worry about the range using one sonos connect only… I have remote sonos 3 units, I have scare of the range is very big and thinking in add another sonos connect to extend the range, do you understood ?

thanks !!!

The only method I know to increase coverage is to add (or another) Sonos Bridge.

Old link but may assist in some of your questions.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1052/~/sonos-setup-and-product-details#var_c

http://forums.sonos.com/

@guessed added a version number in a comment in the first lines of all files except the json file.
You can compare this version number from your files and the files in the trunk.
Another solution could be to compare the last update date of your files and the ones in the trunk.

My opinion is that if you have a doubt, you upload all files again and that’s all. It is done in one minute.

brientim, excuse me, I was speaking about SONOS BRIDGE all the time…I already have one, can I add another to extend the range ?

thanks !

[quote=“Piwtorak”]brientim, excuse me, I was speaking about SONOS BRIDGE all the time…I already have one, can I add another to extend the range ?

thanks ![/quote]
Piwtorak,

I thought you were but let it come out naturally…

According to all their documents, yes you can. You can have up to 32 devices on a Sonos network. So you can go nuts with these if you want. Have a view through the thread below which is exactly that question on the Sonos forum.

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=33252

I can see the link and do not understand something:

my sonos bridge when I link that in my router using a cable it crashes my network and stops all ! internet access down !

then today my sonos bridge is not connected with lan cable to my router…but my systems works fine and my vera3 recognizes the sonos bridge and all my sonos devices…how is it possible if I need sonos bridge connected in my router with lan cable ?
thanks !

[quote=“Piwtorak”]I can see the link and do not understand something:

my sonos bridge when I link that in my router using a cable it crashes my network and stops all ! internet access down !

then today my sonos bridge is not connected with lan cable to my router…but my systems works fine and my vera3 recognizes the sonos bridge and all my sonos devices…how is it possible if I need sonos bridge connected in my router with lan cable ?
thanks ![/quote]

I managed to repeat part of the behaviour. I injected the additional bridge into the network and resulted on the same error. Network become unresponsive. I am letting this continue at the moment as removing the second bridge immediately resolved this. I want to see when I return home whether or not the Problem still exists.

Could not repeat second behaviour being encountered.

Have a read here:
http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=32306

[quote=“Brientim, post:10, topic:175814”]Have a read here:
http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=32306[/quote]

Basically. change the name of the initial Bridge first Manage > Setting > Bridge Settings > BRIDGE Name.
Unplug the initial bridge and replace with new bridge.
Add component and update if required. Rename as above.
Either change Bridges around and place the second Bridge where required wireless.

As per rename see BRIDGE setting for and you should now see two Bridges.

Good luck

Brientim, thanks for help…

for your information I am using (yet) only 1 sonos bridge… and I thought that one must be plugged by ethernet cable to my router. If I do this, my network is unresponsive…then my bridge only works unplugged of my router. I want know if this is correct or if my bridge must be plugged by cable in my router.

the another one to expand I already understand the steps to do works.

thanks

You only need ONE sonos device plugged into your home network, that can either be a bridge a connect or one of the play’s. then you can place bridge’s in between other sonos devices to improve the sonos network.

if you are having problems with sonos players dropping out you can check to see what kind of signal strength each one has by looking at the network matrix here http://:1400/support/review

you should have a signal of at least 20 to be reliable

Then my device connected to my network is a sonos 3 plugged in one airport express lan port, the airport express is connected to my network in wi fi mode. And my sonos bridge is only emitting the signal for the anothers sonos devices, is this correct ?

This is my data:

Strength to
00:0E:58:F9:D4:57
Su?te Meninos Strength to
00:0E:58:B0:8E:25
Su?te Master Strength to
00:0E:58:F9:9A:FB
Sala de Jogos Strength to
00:0E:58:F9:D5:23
Cozinha Strength to
00:0E:58:EC:E1:87
Sonos Bridge
00:0E:58:F9:D4:57
Su?te Meninos
Secondary Node
Noise Floor: -105, -106, -106
OFDM ANI level: 6 Inbound: 47
Outbound: 44
STP state: blocking Inbound: 32
Outbound: 32
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 20
Outbound: 23
STP state: blocking Inbound: 40 42
Outbound: 57
STP state: blocking
00:0E:58:EC:E1:87
Sonos Bridge
Secondary Node
Noise Floor: -108
OFDM Weak signal level: 5 Inbound: 57
Outbound: 40 42
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 52
Outbound: 37 40
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 63
Outbound: 53 53
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 47
Outbound: 36 35
STP state: forwarding
00:0E:58:F9:9A:FB
Sala de Jogos
Root Bridge
Noise Floor: -105, -107, -106
OFDM ANI level: 0 Inbound: 32
Outbound: 32
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 38
Outbound: 37
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 36
Outbound: 38
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 53 53
Outbound: 63
STP state: forwarding
00:0E:58:F9:D5:23
Cozinha
Secondary Node
Noise Floor: -106, -113, -109
OFDM ANI level: 0 Inbound: 23
Outbound: 20
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 31
Outbound: 28
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 38
Outbound: 36
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 36 36
Outbound: 47
00:0E:58:B0:8E:25
Su?te Master
Secondary Node
Noise Floor: -110, -107, -106
OFDM ANI level: 5 Inbound: 44
Outbound: 47
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 37
Outbound: 38
STP state: forwarding Inbound: 28
Outbound: 31
STP state: blocking Inbound: 37 39
Outbound: 52

Hi Piwtorak

Keep in mind that Sonos is designed to create a mesh network… And if you want to access a local network resources (NAS) or Internet resources (Radio/streaming) then you need to connect one node to your home network/broadband connection?

It’s very strange that just adding a bridge to your router makes you home network unavailable, have you tried connecting your Connect to the router rather than the bridge? Does that do the same thing ?

Also when you connect either Sonos device to your home network, can you use a tool to see if the Sonos devices appear on the same network/subnet etc. they both should be given an IP?

One last thing to ask - have you added/included them both on the Sonos Mesh Network via the Sonos Controller (PC,iPhone,android)?

[quote=“parkerc, post:15, topic:175814”]Hi Piwtorak

Keep in mind that Sonos is designed to create a mesh network… And if you want to access a local network resources (NAS) or Internet resources (Radio/streaming) then you need to connect one node to your home network/broadband connection?

It’s very strange that just adding a bridge to your router makes you home network unavailable, have you tried connecting your Connect to the router rather than the bridge? Does that do the same thing ?

Also when you connect either Sonos device to your home network, can you use a tool to see if the Sonos devices appear on the same network/subnet etc. they both should be given an IP?

One last thing to ask - have you added/included them both on the Sonos Mesh Network via the Sonos Controller (PC,iPhone,android)?[/quote]

Hi ParkerC.

I think the problem is when I added my Sonos Bridge I had one unit sonos 3 connected by cable to my network. today this sonos 3 continues connected and I was forced to keep my sonos bridge out of my cabled network, but all is working fine when I add one new device I click in my sonos bridge button to add. I will try plug off my sonos 3 from ethernet cable and plug sonos bridge to my router…
thanks for all helping to clarify this.

ParkerC,

I have to install a lot of sonos device and I am with a doubt, I cable whole home, can I use all my sonos devices plugged to my network using lan cable ?

the house is big and I think can have problem using wifi…

If I use all sonos devices cabled, must I use a sonos bridge ?

thanks for help.

I don’t think there is nothing to stop you having them all of the connected to your homenetwork via a cable… (You would not need the bridge if you do this, but it would defeat some of the value of a wireless multiroom system)

Actually I’m not sure if this would work, I’ve never tried it myself, as I assume Sonos needed it’s own mesh to work.

The Sonos mesh is really quite good, (Sonos uses it’s own sonosnet (Sonos - Wikipedia) so they’d have to be a big distance between any two zone players for the mesh not to have the strength it needs to work effectively. How far a part would any two be?

Think of the Sonos set up as simular to a z-wave mesh network, which means it will route information/data to the required zone player via any other zone player(s) on the route …

Have a read of this. I know reading instruction is not the way we may like to do things, but sometimes it may contain the answer to the questions we are answering. In this case, it is clear.

http://www.sonos.com/documents/productguides/en/bridgeguide_en.pdf

Thanks @Brientim

And @Piwtorak - A bridge is only needed when you don’t want to tie one of your (more expensive) Zone Players to a wired network connection. If you have a zone player right next to a network port then it can easily act as the ‘bridge’ allowing you to then access other resources (Internet radio, NAS etc.)