$14 vistacam sd

The Vera overstock sale has the SD vistacam for $14. I am tempted for the “it will work automatically” aspect but not sure if the camera quality is worth it.

But for $14 how much quality do I expect…

Any feedback from people who have the vistacam sd is appreciated.

[quote=“kigmatzomat, post:1, topic:198611”]The Vera overstock sale has the SD vistacam for $14. I am tempted for the “it will work automatically” aspect but not sure if the camera quality is worth it.

But for $14 how much quality do I expect…

Any feedback from people who have the vistacam sd is appreciated.[/quote]

For $14 and works with Vera might as well if budget is most important. Looking at the picture, I’m not even familiar with this one. But you can search online to get comparisons of pixels to potentially see what your quality would be. Do some Google searches on that.

It’s not a PTZ cam so as long as you are fine with a stationary camera the cost is as low as you will probably find.

It claims the audio works but I have the newer PTZ VistaCam, not the HD, and I never got audio to work properly. From what I remember the audio was outside of Vera and required ActiveX in an older version of Internet Explorer. So don’t rely on that as a selling point.

It claims HTTPS, please note in my opinion that this is only connecting through Vera. If you wish to port forward a camera for use in other 3rd party apps, I highly doubt there is an SSL certificate in use. The newer ones don’t use it for external apps. Viewing cameras as you know in Vera is slow.

But it seems it would all be need based, if you wish to rack up a few cams in strategic spots and you want to do it as cheap as possible and work with Vera scenes and quality is not a major factor then this is a good buy in my opinion.