10 minutes delayed notification

I have a scene to send an alert to my wallmount tablet for the entry door. I noticed that there’s a over 10 minutes delay from the time it’s trigger to the time I get the notification.

For instance, just now I noticed the alert scene was triggered at 1:48, I got the notification at 2. Was fine before no change has been made to the unit.

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:1, topic:188164”]I have a scene to send an alert to my wallmount tablet for the entry door. I noticed that there’s a over 10 minutes delay from the time it’s trigger to the time I get the notification.

For instance, just now I noticed the alert scene was triggered at 1:48, I got the notification at 2. Was fine before no change has been made to the unit.[/quote]

I have been in a struggle to find the source of delayed notifications since I bought Vera. Firstly, how are you receiving notifications?

Vera UI7 supports push notification with the app, email, and text (sms). I realize with a wall tablet you aren’t using text.

Are you using AutoVera with Tasker by chance?

Vera’s systems could be busy with the email hence that delay. Sometimes it’s real quick.
Is it push notifications? Most likely Vera use GCM(google cloud messaging) which can be delayed for several reasons. Google could be at fault or an issue where TCP the network protocol sleeps on a phone and the heartbeat is not sent out to be listening for the notifications.

You can try to install Push Notification Fixer from the PlayStore. I’m trying it a second time. Is your tablet Lollipop? Are you using 5.01?

The reality in my opinion is 1 minute is an acceptable delay, 2 minutes is tolerable, 3 minutes and above indicates a problem and more likely it is how the push is either configured or your tablet’s ability to send out a heartbeat.

I don’t really have any answers for you as I have a 50/50 chance of getting my notification near instantaneous to 20 minutes later. I never know. I spend a lot of time reading and trying to tweak things to find out for sure.

So far, I have not found any one specific solution.

Try to setup a tasker schedule to cycle your Wifi periodically.

That’s probably a good idea but it’s Comcrap for me and their UI/functions for the router are like Fisher Price. I suppose I could have the phone at least with Tasker disconnect/reconnect.

However, after re-installing Push Notification Fixer from the Play Store I’ve also done 1 additional thing. On my Samsung Note 4 (Settings>WiFi>Advanced) I have set the Smart Network Switch option. This allows the 4G icon to be on/present while Wifi is on in case of weak signal to not hang on to the poor Wifi signal and switch over.

While I don’t have weak WiFi the 4G icon stays active while on WiFi and on occasion small data transfer. So for 2 days a few small tests have produced reliably to my surprise but I’ll have to evaluate that over at least a week or two.

Hope maybe this is helpful for someone.