Zwave Network On Vera Explained

Thanks! I can confirm that “” worked to set back to default.

1 Like

I’ve lost confidence in Vera, and now I’m lorsignori interest in the forum after this sad news. I was reading it day by day, i will come and see from time to time.

Thx to all The great contributors like @rafale77

BTW he is on The home assistant forum…

5 Likes

i have been running vera for many years now, im using closer to 200 devices on it and its rock stable and super fast,(it will turn off/turn on light the same millisecond as i click the button.(can blink multiple times with the lights a second) to get vera to to this i have done the following. i only runn z-wave 5< devices, under every device i put 0 in pulling, and YES that vera shoulder configure device automatically, (when doing this be close to the device, take vera to the device never take the device to vera since the mesh never will be good when doing this, at least not for the places i have done this on) Then go to Device options and create a new group: 1 and go all the way down to zwave and _sceencontroller mark those and putt a 0 on those rows then click ok, zwave will reload check so the new group have devices on “set to” and “currently”, if you have energi reporting on the devices, turn it down, you really dont need to know every 0.1w for exempel having a charger in the wall without anything charging will go up/down all the time 0.1-0.2w and having this being reported + time base reporting really makes everything slow. On devices like NEO door sensor turn off wake up on those to make them work good i have those on never wake, and smoke alarm on 86400 and flir/motion devices on never wake. i never drop a device it just work, + the battery last very long. on devices like qubino mini dimmer i ad those as generic z-wave device and then ad the configuration as i like by checking the device instructions, if i ad them as a qubino flush dimmer 1 as manny do it never work good. Lastly Install Homeassistant on a rpi or nuc integreat Vera and enjoy being able to turn off/on lights & outlets extremely fast. Scenes always run perfectly even on very large scene. Im doing this on a vera secure, before i did it on a vera plus that was almost as fast. a plus side on setting devices to group 1 give it Multi-channel support so the status is always correct. //Hope it help someone

1 Like

I just did the steps described, already using firmware 7.32. My system is flying! I have been suffering for a long time from slowness, devices that took a long time to respond, slow network. With the changes, my system now looks different, I went from a biplane to a jet plane.