ZWAVE generic WIFI/LAN IP CAMERA

Hi there,
i just bought this camera and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Firstly the description says it’s WIFI but there’s no antenna like others seem to have. but it has an ethernet port, and an odd cable that appears to be a push button switch (no idea what that is for).

Anyway i plugged in the power and connected the ethernet cable, ran the software and nothing. Can’t see it. The software says OS’s up to win 7 and i am running windows 8.

Any clues? tips, advice?

thanks. ???

So, what make and model of camera did you buy?

The description on the box says WiFi? If so, it’s probably WiFi.

The software says OS's up to win 7 and i am running windows 8.
This might have something to do with your inability to see anything, though I suspect that there are other issues as well.

Its a generic brand from here

False Alarm

The switch i was using wasn’t talking to the rest of the network.

I can see it now.

Now to get get my Vera Lite working!

New Alarm ???

I am trying to add this to my veralite. I am adding it as an IP camera manually and i get a pop up that says:

A username and password are being requested by http://192.168.1.117. The Site says: “GoAhead”

i presume this is aksing for the password of the Vera lite box .117. but i enter that and it doesn’t accept it and just keeps asking.

I also tried the mios password which is different (because it didn’t like my other password)

I downgraded to UI5 on the advice of others that UI6 has issues but it hasn’t helped.

[quote=“dindsy, post:5, topic:182644”]New Alarm ???

I am trying to add this to my veralite. I am adding it as an IP camera manually and i get a pop up that says:

A username and password are being requested by http://192.168.1.117. The Site says: “GoAhead”

i presume this is aksing for the password of the Vera lite box .117. but i enter that and it doesn’t accept it and just keeps asking.

I also tried the mios password which is different (because it didn’t like my other password)

I downgraded to UI5 on the advice of others that UI6 has issues but it hasn’t helped.[/quote]

You need to enter the username and password for the camera. This is the same as you use when you connect to it through a browser. The default username is usually admin.

I tried that as well. Same result.

Did you see the integration how-to on the site you linked to?

Did you enter the URL correctly, with the userID and password?
Are you using the correct userID and password for the camera, you may have chosen a different one than the how-to?

If it doesn’t work, please provide a screenshot of how you have the camera configured in Vera, like page 3 of the how-to.

Hi Z-waver
I did see the how to and have tried to follow it in various ways. I say various ways because my first issue is that i’m not sure how to change the username and password of the camera. the default is admin and no password. Which work. i can log into it directly from my web browser and see the image.
so i have modified the URL to be
http://192.168.1.113/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=&
As soon as i click next i get the pop up asking for username and password. I’m pretty sure this is being generated from the Veralite because the IP address changed to .119 and the camera is still .109

I’m going to eventually upgrade the firmware of my router so that i can hard set these IP addresses.

there is something that i managed to set on the camera called “Sever User"and “Sever pwd”” which i made operator and op1 and then tried to add again with the changes to the URL string.

But i can’t get past the “Next”

UPDATE:
cancel all that. I figured out how the change the user name and password of the camera and i managed to add it . WOOOOHOOOO.

this is my first Vera test and i have to say you really have to persevere with this stuff. it’s not for the faint hearted. My first issue was with getting the brand new vera to assign to my account. And then downgrading to UI5, etc…

thanks for the responses it helps to get those suggestions making you think along different lines.

cheers

Did this camera not have a manual?

It kind of has a manual. There is a generic manual that doesn’t exactly follow what the camera and interface looks like. i had looked at it but then forgot about it because you have to decipher it, look at the parts that are relevant and figure out how to get to that point.

more problematic is the clearly identifiable "properties "icon on the web view that I kept overlooking. :-[