Zabbix Plugin (Alpha)

[quote=“hugheaves, post:20, topic:174116”]The plug-in is not abandoned, although I haven’t made any changes in a while. Honestly, I didn’t realize anyone was still using it other than me. There didn’t seem to be a whole lot of interest. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the source code / project page for the plug-in is here, if you want to request any new features or even contribute code:

Hugh[/quote]

Hi Hugh,
I was just trying to get started with Zabbix. I believe it has a steep learning curve. I really appreciate the work you have put in. I feels good that I can reach out to you if I face any issues.

Regards

Abhinav

Well Hugh, attention might not be too high but I am also using it and I like it a lot! Thanks for the great work.

Agreed on that a button to download the xml files would be a good help.

Hello,

I’m trying to get the agent to run on my vera2 running 1.5.622. I get Illegal instruction in my zabbix_sender.out log file.

root@MiOS_:/tmp/log/cmh# /etc/cmh-ludl/zabbix_agentd -c /tmp/zabbix_agentd.conf 
Illegal instruction
root@MiOS_:/tmp/log/cmh# /etc/cmh-ludl/zabbix_agentd -c /tmp/zabbix_agentd.conf 
Illegal instruction

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tyson

Hello,

I am a reasonably new vera lite owner and i am trying to install the zabbix plugin. I havent seen any documentation regarding the plugin and ui 7 but i took the chance and installed anyway.

The install seems to be at least partly successful

• I have a zabbix device but the settings described at the github readme (ZabbixServer, AgentHostName, etc) does not exist in advanced settings. Also im getting “Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes” so that might be related.

Any pointers on how to move forward ?

• Can i add the missing variables as new parameters under advanced ?

@Hugh: Happy to assist in developing or bringing the plugin to ui 7 if needed. New to vera but half decent dev and linux user.

Thanks
AGR

I have the same issue as above but plugin suggest it installs fine but just dont see the zabbix server options under advanced

Same applies to my vera3 with ui7

well after a few reboots the options appeared in the plugin, UI5 and 1.5.673, still getting illegal instruction and nothing in the /var/log/cmh/zabbix_agentd.log file - im not sure that’s the only issue though as i don’t get a red or green “Z” in the zabbix UI

I never managed to get to work - not sure if i should see green “Z” on any of the devices which import.

just not sure if its communicating

I am using the Zabbix plugin, it’s great!

However, I am noticing a problem with it.
After my LUUP engine resets, it works great, Zabbix gets data. The zabbix agent is reporting host stats (memory usage, etc) fine, and the sender is sending information about all the configured vera devices.

However at some timer after the luup engine restart (could be 2 hours, 5 hours, 1 day, whatever), the memory usage on my Vera drops from 20mb down to about 13mb, and from that point on, I stop getting reliable data from the sender (the agent continues to work perfectly). I get very infrequent value updates so my graphs I have setup start showing more often than not ‘no data’. Once I restart the luup engine, data starts flowing normally again and my graphs track everything appropriately.

Any ideas what process has died to drop my RAN usage by 7mb and stopped sending data to my Zabbix?
FYI, the sender is still running, and I am still seeing information in the sender log, but not very much of it and not that quickly (given I have almost 150 configured devices, I would expect a pretty good stream of data being sent to Zabbix).

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.