Z-Wave routing matrix

@mcvflorin

Nice adaption, but … please use the newer algorithms from ADD.

Why?

t={}

table.insert(t,34,'34')
table.insert(t,35,'35')
table.insert(t,36,'36')
table.insert(t, 3, '3')
table.insert(t,4 ,'4')
table.insert(t,7 ,'7' )
table.insert(t,39 , '39')
table.insert(t,40 , '40')
table.insert(t,9 , '9')
table.insert(t,10 , '10')
table.insert(t,11 , '11')
table.insert(t,12 , '12')
table.insert(t,14 , '14')
table.insert(t,15 , '15')
table.insert(t,17 , '17')
table.insert(t,26 , '26')
table.insert(t,29 , '29')
table.insert(t,1 , '1')

for k,v in pairs(t) do print(k,v) end

I was able to get it to work. These are the steps I went through.

1. Download the four files from the mios code repository.
  2. Upload the four files to your vera via the MIOS Developers Icon on the dashboard and hitting the Luup Files tab and uploading from there.
  3. Click on the create device tab and then click on the create device button (within the MIOS Developers Icon)
  4. Name your new device
  5. Set “device_file” to “D_DebuggingUtilities.xml”
  6. Set “impl_file” to “I_ZWaveRoutingMatrix.xml”
  7. Click on the “X” in the upper right corner
  8. Click on the SAVE icon on the dashboard

After the system does it’s thing, click on the wrench of the device you originally created in step 3 above and the first tab will show your matrix.

[quote=“JOD, post:20, topic:164969”]@mcvflorin,

Your screen shot of the matrix shows seven devices, any idea how the output looks for someone who has numerous devices say 70+? If comparing it to the way scenes are displayed within scene controllers I would imagine this would be just be a jumbled mess.

*Edit. I took the plunge anyway but could not get it to work. Does one use both the I & D xml’s when creating the device?

Is it a difficult task to take the code.mios.com “code” one step further and have a one click install from the Mios Marketplace? Or is the MM only for MCV plugins?

What would also be good is when a command is issued to turn a device on / off etc. A code is generated showing which devices were brought into play to execute that command, all hops from Vera (and back) to that device.

JOD.[/quote]

I updated the code to allow a large number of devices to be displayed.

I was in a rush Friday and I didn’t have time to write setup instructions. I updated the Trac page with the setup instructions and some useful notes.

code.mios.com is not on our servers, but on RepositoryHosting.com. This means that it’s not possible to make an one-click plugin installer.
We are working on a Marketplace section for developers that will allow them to easily upload/publish plugins. Until this is finished, we’ll have to install plugins the hard way.

Ap15e, I made you project admin. Feel free to modify it as you like.

@mcvflorin,

thanks for making me project admin - but I’m afraid I won’t find time to support adaptions of my code.

Please feel free to convert ADD to a Luup plugin, but please note that my statement from above would apply to adaption of ADD as well. I don’t get paid for the time I’m spending on MiOS, so I have to limit my resources.

[quote=“Ap15e, post:25, topic:164969”]@mcvflorin,

thanks for making me project admin - but I’m afraid I won’t find time to support adaptions of my code.

Please feel free to convert ADD to a Luup plugin, but please note that my statement from above would apply to adaption of ADD as well. I don’t get paid for the time I’m spending on MiOS, so I have to limit my resources.[/quote]

My intention wasn’t to put the responsibility on you, I just thought that since it’s your script, you’ll probably want to have access to it.

I made this plugin for a couple of reasons:

1. The guys in the support team find it useful.
  2. I believe that this is one of the firsts, if not the first, public plugins that use an interface made in JavaScript, so you could consider this a sort of “tech demo”.

Any chance to get documentation on the ‘MiOS JavaScript extensions’?

Unfortunately there isn’t one, I got these functions by looking through the existing code, especially in cpanel_data.js. I will create a Wiki page with some of the most important functions and variables when I find the time.

Please upgrade to ADD (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=5130.0), because [tt]routing_matrix_MCV_forum_V0.1[/tt] contains at least one bug (caused by a strange Lua behaviour, see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2099.msg36337#msg36337) and because the script won’t be updated in the future.

I updated the code, but from what I’ve seen, this plugin wasn’t affected by the table.insert behavior that you mentioned, because the problem arises only when inserting something at a lower index (so all the following items are shifted). But the items in the luup.devices table are ordered in ascending order, so when parsing it and adding items in the neighbors table, all the new items are added at the end of the table, and this problem doesn’t occur.

But the items in the luup.devices table are ordered in ascending order

I wouldn’t be sure. IIRC, the problem was uncovered by a user whose luup.devices weren’t ordered.
I wouldn’t make any assumptions on [tt]table.insert()[/tt] … :slight_smile:

Was able to install and make work with no issue, was working for sometime… Today I get the following error message (see attached), reloaded and got same results any idea’s Mike

Try to reinstall the plugin and see if this fixes your issue.

Did do that with no success. One piece of data that I omitted was that I was remote accessing when I had the problem. When I got home and did a local access I did not have a problem…

Today, I’ve reconfirmed that I have the same problem via remote access. If I access via Firefox, all I see is a continuous z-wave router progress bar, even after toggling from advance and back. If I access via Ie8 I get a security warning (see photo) If I answer yes I get the error message (previous photo) if I answer no I get a continuous z-wave router matrix progress bar (same as with Firefox). Mike

A bit late with the answer…

The problem is not with the plugin, but with the way the extra JavaScript file is included on the fly. This is a problem that affects all the plugins that use an external JS file, and that we didn’t notice.

Unfortunately Vali is too busy now to fix this, as it will, most probably, take a while.

After we release the new firmware we will add native support for external JS files, because at the moment the support for the is “hacked”.

hello all

I have tried it but the a bar appried which says “Opening Z-Wave Routing Matrix…” and this is like taking time FOR EVER!!
nothing is appearing and if i close it and re open it an error message appeares
anyone knows why?

Hello therealabdo,

What error message do you get?

thank you very much for your reply
it was fixed automatically but it is taking too much time :slight_smile:

thank you this is amazing :slight_smile:

When you see the Opening Z-Wave Routing Matrix… message you must click again on this tab to display it.

okay it did work :smiley:

thnx