Z-Stick Series 2 as a secondary inclusion controller

Hi!,

I’ve trying to set my Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series 2 as a secondary unit for my Vera Lite, in order to be able to insert or remove devices but I can’t find any clear and concise instructions of how to do that.

Can some one help me in order to get the Z-Stick act as a secondary unit?

Thanks,
Javier

I’ve been trying to do the same thing, but I was unable to get it to work.

First, there isn’t such a thing as “secondary inclusion controller” for Z-Wave, from what I can tell. There can be only one Master.

I tried removing all devices from Vera, then Resetting Z-Wave on Vera. Then I added the devices to the Z-Stick.
That part worked fine.
The Z-Stick could add secondary handheld controllers – no problem.

But… I was unable to add the Vera as a secondary controller. I brought them together, did “add secondary controller” on Z-Stick, and
Setup->Z-Wave Settings->Advanced->Copy Z-Wave network from a master controller
on Vera.
No dice. They both just sat there doing nothing.

I have to think it’s the Vera’s fault, though, since I could easily add Intermatic, GE, and Sylvania controllers to the Z-Stick this way as secondary.

I detest adding devices to Vera by unplugging it (USB, Ether, Power), then powering it back up again on batteries (takes over a minute), then hoping the +/- buttons actually work, etc.
It would be really great if the Z-Stick could act as an inclusion/exclusion device. It’s fast and simple.

Thanks again @GroundLoop

[quote=“GroundLoop, post:2, topic:173270”]I detest adding devices to Vera by unplugging it (USB, Ether, Power), then powering it back up again on batteries (takes over a minute), then hoping the +/- buttons actually work, etc.
It would be really great if the Z-Stick could act as an inclusion/exclusion device. It’s fast and simple.[/quote]

I agree. I’ve tried the same and couldn’t get it to work properly.