Z-Series IP Camera

I am shopping for a IP Camera and found on the Vera wiki (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/IP_Cameras) the Z- series (sixth row under “cameras that work”), which claims to fit the Australian and New Zealand market. The camera has some uniques features such as SD flash memory, 2 way audio support on MAC, Mozilla and Chrome, and email support for gmail.

I found it in the US at http://www.ipcam-central.com/Smarteye_NC530_p/nc530w.htm

Has anyone used it with Vera? Is it worth buying?

[quote=“Jetguy87, post:1, topic:166436”]I am shopping for a IP Camera and found on the Vera wiki (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/IP_Cameras) the Z- series (sixth row under “cameras that work”), which claims to fit the Australian and New Zealand market. The camera has some uniques features such as SD flash memory, 2 way audio support on MAC, Mozilla and Chrome, and email support for gmail.

I found it in the US at http://www.ipcam-central.com/Smarteye_NC530_p/nc530w.htm

Has anyone used it with Vera? Is it worth buying?[/quote]

nice cam. like that gmail support. Could not find it with any other camera. thanks

I ended up buying the camera, but had some issues setting it up. The staff at ipcam-central.com helped me set it up and figure everything out; it works great.

EE-- you’re right, the gmail support is a really useful feature, and the Vera support is solid as well.

Good looking cam! Were you able to get Pan/Tilt/Zoom to work within Vera as well?

Does Vera talk to the motion sensor? Can the motion sensor trigger Vera events?
Cheers

fall-line: Yes, ipcam-central helped me figure out how to configure Vera with the Pan/Tilt controls on the camera.

the-wal: Yes, but indirectly. I don’t need this function, but the camera provides external alarm contacts (either closed or open), which can be connected to a device like the aeon door window sensor, which also accepts those contacts, and could become part of the Vera z-wave environment. Ipcam-central has a downloads section that includes the camera’s manual, with more info about external alarms.

[quote=“Jetguy87, post:6, topic:166436”]fall-line: Yes, ipcam-central helped me figure out how to configure Vera with the Pan/Tilt controls on the camera.

the-wal: Yes, but indirectly. I don’t need this function, but the camera provides external alarm contacts (either closed or open), which can be connected to a device like the aeon door window sensor, which also accepts those contacts, and could become part of the Vera z-wave environment. Ipcam-central has a downloads section that includes the camera’s manual, with more info about external alarms.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! The camera seems good, and it looks like the seller also offers Vera with Foscam and Smarteye support. It’s interesting-- I’ll probably buy that camera too.

Thanks, that’s no good to us in Aus as we can’t get those sensors here.

I do wish they would bring out more gear with the Aus frequency.

Cheers.

I bought the SmartEye NC530 cam with a Vera 2. It has more features than the Foscam one, and works great—it is quiet and Vera can control PT and Patrol. E-mail Motion Alarms work with gmail and video FTP too. It also has contacts to connect to external alarms.

Okay… slightly off topic… but the Smart Eyes mention “Pelco support” Pelco seems to be a brand camera. Whats so unique about them that another company I guess would emulate a pelco? I may be way off in my interpretation of ‘pelco support’. Its just that it caught my eye.

BTW… this does look too cool, this thread may have pushed me off the fence to get an outdoor camera. Its got a lot of built in / standalone features yet still integrates with Vera. Thanks!

The Pelco support is a popular standard for Pan/Tilt/Zoom, so you could use this with a pelco controller (joystick) to move the cam around manually instead of using Web soft buttons

Wow… ipcam-central is a very helpful company! I emailed them with questions about their outdoor version NC532W. Responded back within 30 minutes. Wanted to know if it came with onboard flash. Was told ‘no’ because it was in a waterproof enclosure there was no ‘user accessible flash card’. However they said they could custom order/build one for me with 4gb flash onboard and the price wasn’t the much more (and they stated that this camera worked with vera as well). I figure it may have the slot onboard, but the last thing I want to do is take a new camera and void the warranty on it.

I wanted the onboard flash for local image storage for standalone use. Will post more later.

Les

Hi, I just noticed that IPCam-central.com published instructions on how to connect the NC530 and the Foscam cameras with Vera. They even ship the plugin files embedded in the Vera2 controller:

Is anyone willing to share a copy of the content of the xml files ?

I have the same camera sourced through smarthome.com.au and they have been unable to help.

regards,
Jeff

Hi all.
I guess im in the same boat as Jeff.I bought this cam from smarthome.com.au and have been unable to use it…If some one is willing to share the xml for the smarteye cam…that would be really great or some setup instructions on how to install it…

Cheers

DEV

Y’all talked me into it ! I’m gettin one !

[quote=“ruste, post:14, topic:166436”]Is anyone willing to share a copy of the content of the xml files ?

I have the same camera sourced through smarthome.com.au and they have been unable to help.

regards,
Jeff[/quote]

Hi,

Same problem. Could anyone help me? I need XML file or a copy of the content, or how can i obtain it, please!
Im desperate…

[quote=“myhomeserver, post:11, topic:166436”]The Pelco support is a popular standard for Pan/Tilt/Zoom, so you could use this with a pelco controller (joystick) to move the cam around manually instead of using Web soft buttons[/quote]Sorry for digging up an old thread but it was the only reference to Pelco I could find.

I just picked up a new exterior camera that uses the Pelco D / Pelco P protocol. It’s up and running and controlled via my DVR but after seeing this article http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/PelcoPDinC.aspx I pondered the thought of using Vera to schedule control of the cameras presets.

Questions:

1. How would the control tie into Vera, USB → Serial adapter?
    *Edit. USB → RS485 http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/interconnect/usb-to-ttl-rs232-rs422-rs485-cables/Pages/1639038-USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT.aspx

2. Can Vera support RS485 or is that driven by the adapter?
    *Edit. Does Vera support FT232R?

3. Would it be possible to interface Vera with my DVR’s RS232 connection and get control that way?

JOD.

[quote=“charliewins, post:17, topic:166436”][quote=“ruste, post:14, topic:166436”]Is anyone willing to share a copy of the content of the xml files ?

regards,
Jeff[/quote]

Hi,

Same problem. Could anyone help me? I need XML file or a copy of the content, or how can i obtain it, please!
Im desperate…[/quote]

Sorry to drag up an old thread guys but I am in the same boat as those above. Can anybody help me out with the required xml file?

I would be extremely grateful if somebody could help me.

Thanks

Also looking for the plugin/xml files necessary to add my NC532W to VeraLite. any help would be greatly appreciated.