Xbox One and Vera

The Xbox one will login into my vera and run scenes, but the dashboard has to be full screen. Anyway to design my own site to call scenes? What would the code be in HTML to interact with vera? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jace

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

You can run a scene by simply calling a URL:

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=<SceneNum> 

Here is a list of actions you can initiate via URL.

If you wish to write your own Vera interface, this page might get you started.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:2, topic:180644”]You can run a scene by simply calling a URL:

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=<SceneNum> 

Here is a list of actions you can initiate via URL.

If you wish to write your own Vera interface, this page might get you started.[/quote]

This answered a lot of questions. Thank you so much! The only thing that I’m struggling with now is creating a link for this. I tried the following I’m tired
but it opens a new page instead of just running in the background.

Any ideas?

Can you confirm that you did substitute your IP address and Scene number accordingly?

No offense, but we have folks at all levels here.

You can call it from Javascript with an Ajax call.

[quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:4, topic:180644”]Can you confirm that you did substitute your IP address and Scene number accordingly?

No offense, but we have folks at all levels here.[/quote]

To be honest I’m not sure. I know the IP address of the Vera but that is its local address. Not sure I’m obtaining the IP address the right way. What would be the best way to obtain it?

No idea where to start with this lol.

[quote=“Jacesparks, post:6, topic:180644”][quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:4, topic:180644”]Can you confirm that you did substitute your IP address and Scene number accordingly?

To be honest I’m not sure. I know the IP address of the Vera but that is its local address. Not sure I’m obtaining the IP address the right way. What would be the best way to obtain it?[/quote]
yeah, Vera’s local IP.

And the scene number from the scene you want to run when you select the “wrench” icon and attached.

[quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:8, topic:180644”][quote=“Jacesparks, post:6, topic:180644”][quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:4, topic:180644”]Can you confirm that you did substitute your IP address and Scene number accordingly?

To be honest I’m not sure. I know the IP address of the Vera but that is its local address. Not sure I’m obtaining the IP address the right way. What would be the best way to obtain it?[/quote]
yeah, Vera’s local IP.

And the scene number from the scene you want to run when you select the “wrench” icon and attached.[/quote]

Ok thanks. Def doing that right.

To clarify what I’m trying to do.

I want to build a webpage in dreamweaver that when a user clicks a button or link it triggers a scene in my house.

The reason I’m doing this… Xbox One has internet explorer built in and I’d like to be able to turn my lights off from my xbox one voice commands.

and you were able to execute a scene by putting the URL into the Xbox’s browser already?

Any other plans to allow Xbox one voice control and vera?

How is this not a thing yet?

I can get Xbox one to run a scene by typing the url into IE but I can’t create a favorite or pin it to my home screen because it results in an invalid page/download in the eyes of IE (yet it runs the scene). Any ideas on how to get a Vera http action pinned to the Xbox home screen?