XBMC Media Player and Vera Control

There is this add on for xbmc GitHub - gderosa/xbmc-vera: Kodi/XBMC addon to control MiCasaVerde's Vera (Home Automation) where you are able to control your entire Vera system from your Media center. This is a great app.

I emailed Mr Guido De Rosa the creator of this telling about of some improvements and ideas about this, unfortunately he is hooked with some project and not been able to support this development but told me that patches and contributions are more than welcome.

I’m looking for someone who would like to help in this wonderfull app as I’m not a developer, but I know there’s a lot of things that can be done and I definitively would like to help.

Here are some pictures of the app

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.400700323301433.85027.197305243640943&type=1

How to install this? Looks neat

Nice Plugin indeed, works perfectly.

but needs some work, its independent … so no hot-linking possible
should have a “dashboard only” filter … to get rid of all the control scenes noone used directly anyway.

but besides that its very responsive.

download the zip from github, copy to the box where xbmc is on …
on xbmc go to settings - add ons … install from zip …
rest done by itself

[quote=“nullx8, post:4, topic:175828”]but needs some work, its independent … so no hot-linking possible
should have a “dashboard only” filter … to get rid of all the control scenes noone used directly anyway.[/quote]

I’m looking for someone who wants to help whit this improvements since the original developer is a little tight up at the time with some project, and I’m not a developer, but I have some ideas.

download the zip from github, copy to the box where xbmc is on …
on xbmc go to settings - add ons … install from zip …
rest done by itself[/quote]

thanks, i did’nt see the zip file link on the top.
After installing i realize its a great feature… however i dont see the icons… do you?
All i see is texts.

There is no icons in the app just text.

Can some one please help me with this script?, what i want it to do is to skip checking if a scene is active or not and just run the command for it.

Im not sure if its the only script that needs to be changed, please advice.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/UI_Simple#Status_of_the_device_or_scene_and_control_buttons

def run(scene, vera_controller):
if scene[‘active’]:
vera_controller.GET(
‘/data_request?id=lu_action’ +
‘&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1’ +
‘&action=RunScene&SceneNum=’ + str(scene[‘id’]) )

Any news on this one?
It would be perfect if we continue to make it more professional

I have some ideas after using it for a while

I used to use this program in XBMC v12 and v13. I just installed Kodi v14, and now when I try to install this it says, “Dependencies not met. Contact Author.” Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Josh