www.mysensors.org

Ok! Didn’t know that. That might explain one bug report i saw.

Is it just a simple replace or do I have to change behavior?

Your functions that are invoked with JOB as opposed to RUN should return as follows:

return 4, nil

You only need to use JOB for those things that are not done instantaneously.
If you do anything with HTTP, IO, waits, … etc. you should use a job.

Trying to understand what does the second nil-return value mean?
Is timeout is disabled?

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Plugins_ByHand

In my plugins I use the following:

return 4,0

• Garrett

Am I the only one getting the 502 error right now?

Same, error 502 Bad gateway

No, MySensors.org is down :cry:

Forum is still up. Just having problems with the documentation site.

502 bad gateway here also

[quote=“hek, post:41, topic:180340”]Ok! Didn’t know that. That might explain one bug report i saw.

Is it just a simple replace or do I have to change behavior?[/quote]

@HEK, where you ever able to get this resolved? I’m wondering if this is why my Vera has been restarting lately. I have been using a motion sensor with dimmable LED lights (turned on with PLEG) and it seems to be restarting Vera.

It has been changed in the development branch (1.4). But I’m not completely sure the old behavior really could affect anything. Are you sending out much information to you nodes from the controller side?

@HEK, thanks for the reply. I still need to update to 1.4 but I haven’t been able to get enough time to focus on it. I don’t know the exact number, but I think I have like 10 sensor nodes (some with multiple sensors) that I am using so it will take a while to migrate them all.

I don’t think I’m sending out too much information. I have sometimes been able to reproduce the Vera restarts when I have a MySensors motion sensor turn on a MySensors LED light but not always. I don’t know if this matters or not but the motion sensor is connected to the same Arduino as the LED lights. The motion sensor has no problems all day until I start to use it to control the LEDs. Also, as I was writing this I took out the light level requirement of my PLEG condition and triggered the motion and the light turned on but did not restart Vera. Very confusing…

For example, the sensor is in the kitchen and it has been triggering all day with no Vera restarts. I can also dim my LEDs with no issues. The trouble seems to (sometimes) start when they work together. It will actually turn the LEDs on but sometime shortly after the Vera will start having issues. I’m trying to get a better understanding of the logs to see if I can provide any more specific data. What’s also hard is I have my blinds closing about the same time (based on light level) as the LEDs start turning on with motion. My blinds are also controlled by MySensors. I had previously performed a test by taking the light sensor out of the PLEG condition and that seemed to resolve the issue. However, last night it had all sorts of issues when I added it back in. I’m stumped…

So, sorry for the rambling post. I think I need to do some more controlled debugging. I’ll post back with my findings.

You could try using the 1.4 version (shouldn’t be much else differing)

Please report back any improvements.

An update…

I’m hopeful I have solved my Vera restart issues. Based on this post there can be problems when running a PLEG condition too many times, too fast (Option 1):

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]There is not likely any issue with a condition that will cause a restart.
What could trigger a restart is:

1. the frequency of an input trigger.
  2. An input trigger, or the actions that runs as a result of a condition being satisfied, causing memory problems or device dead locks, if the device in the action is not responding quickly enough to the number of requests being made of it.[/quote]

As I was doing some more thinking about this problem I thought it might be due to my motion sensor occasionally not working correctly. Sometimes (it seems to be random) my motion sensor will flip flop from triggered to not triggered very fast (4 times a second). I had previously tried to fix this with a resistor, changing the power supply but nothing has seemed to work. Well this weekend I coded the Arduino to only update a trigger every 20 seconds. This means no matter how many times the motion sensor is triggered it only sends triggered 1 time in 20 seconds.

So far, this seems to have fixed the issue. I can post the code if anyone is interested…

Hi hek,
I’ve seen this windsensor compatible with Arduino uno, do you think it’s possible to integrate with your plugin?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-wind-speed-sensor-voltage-type-0-to-5-v-compatible/32325481795.html?ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_6,201409_4
Thanks,

chris

The Vera plugin seems already able to support a wind device type. So this is really more of an issue of writing the appropriate sketch for an Arduino node. Perhaps better asked on the MySensors forum itself?

Thanks for the answer, will check that.