Wifi outdoor PTZ cameras?

I’m looking for a decent outdoor cam. I would prefer the “Dome” form factor but open to other types. I have a Foscam FI8904WP watching my driveway that works well except it’s not wide enough field of view and it’s not a PTZ (or just PT). This cam will be at my front door so it will be relatively close to its subject and it would be nice to look around the front porch area for UPS deliveries and such.

Any suggestions?

Not sure how good they are but have a look at these:

http://www.ipcam-central.com/3XZPTW-White-p/3xptzdw-wht.htm

http://www.ipcam-central.com/Smarteye-NC535-p/nc535.htm

• Garrett

I’ve got a bunch of Panasonic BB-HCM547A cameras. They work very well. POE, good night vision, very configurable. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for with this kind of stuff.

foscam pt but no zoom in an enclosure? ~$90 for foscam ~$70 for dome

Think OP asked for WIFI … this would interest me too.

The two that I posted is wifi.

• Garrett

I should be a bit more clear. I bought this cam Security Cameras 1080P - Network Cameras, IP Camera, Security Camera microseven works with amazon alexa, motion activated security camera, ip camera, live video feed, cloud recording, cloud, webcam, echo show, poe security camera, webcam live streaming feed earlier this week because it’s a half dome outdoor cam. I like the form factor of this cam and the picture is very nice BUT it is REALLY difficult to set up, requires unique software to view (despite having a built in web server) isn’t compatible with my Synology NAS and the real killer for me…since it requires their software to view I can’t view it from my work machine (no admin rights) or any of my home computers since they’re all macs.

So, does anyone know of a half dome web cam?

@Garrett … my bad, The first one looks interesting.

[quote=“mbairhead, post:7, topic:170905”]I should be a bit more clear. I bought this cam Security Cameras 1080P - Network Cameras, IP Camera, Security Camera microseven works with amazon alexa, motion activated security camera, ip camera, live video feed, cloud recording, cloud, webcam, echo show, poe security camera, webcam live streaming feed earlier this week because it’s a half dome outdoor cam. I like the form factor of this cam and the picture is very nice BUT it is REALLY difficult to set up, requires unique software to view (despite having a built in web server) isn’t compatible with my Synology NAS and the real killer for me…since it requires their software to view I can’t view it from my work machine (no admin rights) or any of my home computers since they’re all macs.

So, does anyone know of a half dome web cam?[/quote]

I looked pretty hard at the Microseven stuff, and it looked really promising, but all of the email responses and docs I got back from them made it really clear to me that this was going to be highly dependent on their servers and software…and the latter seemed pretty Windows-centric, and I am not. So I took a pass.

Can’t help you with a good half-dome. The first location I’ll be setting up outdoor cameras is blessed with neither power nor RJ45. But it is the corner of the house where the builder put in a lot of RG6 coax for use for satellite. I have a POE-over-coax device set that should allow me to power a camera out there and have reasonable IP speed from it. But am going through a network topology shuffle to get a newer firewall appliance in, and once that’s in, get the POE switch for the cameras behind a NAT–not thrilled about having RJ45 connections outside the house, no matter how awkward for someone to get to, that would put them on the internal protected network. First camera is sitting here–it’s a Zavio F531E–no tilt, no zoom–for the dog’s kennel. The next will probably be a Panasonic PT Z-. Not nuts about it, but it’s a whole 'nother dogfight to try to get high-power POE over coax.

–Richard

here u go [url=http://www.lightinthebox.com/nl/wanscam-draadloos-ptz-ip-bewakingscamera-ir-cut-ir-15-meter_p236793.html]http://www.lightinthebox.com/nl/wanscam-draadloos-ptz-ip-bewakingscamera-ir-cut-ir-15-meter_p236793.html[/url]

Have these cams been set up and used with Vera? Are the PTZ scripts written?

that aint to hard to accomplish… it uses standard protocols to talk

Ok, I’m trying them. I really hope it’s not another hundred bucks down the drain :-\

yeah lemme know how its working out. for the price it cannot be beat. only downside is the short cables, on the other hand there long enough to get through a normal wall. the vision in the dark is also not like a night-vision cam so dont expect crisp clear image from this , but its enough to see whats going on.

Typical cheap junky camera…doesn’t work right out of the box. It was shipped in the wrong box, it didn’t come with the disc (that wouldn’t have worked on my Mac even if it had been), it came with a EU power cord (I checked my order, I specified US).

After digging up my EU power adaptor I spent an hour with it but gave up and asked for a refund. It would show up in my IP scan but it wouldn’t ever load, I kept getting “…can’t connect to server” error pages. I reset the camera several times and checked the range of available IP’s on my router (the default IP on this thing is 192.168.1.188). The extra fun part is the support page isn’t in english so I spent a lot of time with google translate to discover that they were NOT in the business of supporting this stuff.

I think it’s time to get out of the cheap camera business and start looking at some higher quality stuff.

im sorry to hear that. the only cam that works straight of the box is the panasonic cam which are pretty ecpensive (due to support and all)
i noticed the port-number of the ip-cam does get saved but after re-init of the ip-cam in vera it looses it port number… hence the cannot connect errors…
if you want to have a really good cam and prepared to spend the money this is the one of choice : http://www.salland.eu/product/1035188/panasonic-i-pro-wv-nw484s-netwerkcamera-kap-bestand-tegen-vandalisme-kleur-dag-en-nacht-1-3-wv-nw484se.html