Why does Stay/Arm without PIN work? How is it different than Quick?

I’m confused about something that does work that the docs seem to imply shouldn’t.

My Arm/Stay scenes are defined as just Arm (not QuickArm) and I have no pin defined. But it works.

So I’m curious if there are any subtle differences I would want to know about if I don’t change the scene to do a quick version.

Also, what’s the best way to get a scene to reflect the current alarm state on the iphone? It seems I can only see sensors – so I suspect I have to make a scene with null triggers or something…

[quote=“rrauenza, post:1, topic:175693”]I’m confused about something that does work that the docs seem to imply shouldn’t.

My Arm/Stay scenes are defined as just Arm (not QuickArm) and I have no pin defined. But it works.

So I’m curious if there are any subtle differences I would want to know about if I don’t change the scene to do a quick version.

Also, what’s the best way to get a scene to reflect the current alarm state on the iphone? It seems I can only see sensors – so I suspect I have to make a scene with null triggers or something…[/quote]

Looking at the plugin’s code, when you request ARM, it checks if there is no pin code defined. If it isn’t, it calls quick arm.