Which roller blind is best?

I’ve just been looking online for the Dooya standard DC motors and I couldn’t find any for sale on Aliexpress or Ebay.

I dont know what brand these motors are? But they are 12v DC 25mm diameter and are not supplied with a remote control, which presumably means they are dumb / standard motors.

Might want to check with the sellers that indeed they have no inbuilt RF reciever so they can be used with the Qubino DC Flush Shutter module etc.

EDIT: Model number is AM25-1/30-D which I think is AOK Motors.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_B1UDv2

These 12v DC motors with no radio would also be suitable for use with the Qubino DC Flush Shutter module they even mention that in their product description. For 28mm tubes apparently.

Awsome thanks for checking into this. I’m not 100% sure what size the blinds will be because it depends on the dimensions of the windows. They should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. When they do I’m going to buy appropriate motors etc.

I have 20+ roller blinds that all used to be manually-operated. I modified them to use USB-rechargeable battery-powered Dooya motors 1.5Nm torque rating. They are sufficient for operating blinds over sliders that are 8ft high and 4 ft wide. I ordered the blinds from China and so far all have operated just fine.

However, I am unable to find a good solution to allow them to be controlled via Vera.

I know I will need an RF module and some LUUP programming, but so far I am stuck not finding a cheap-enough RF module that works with Vera. The nearest solution seems to be a MySensors device with Arduino and then hooked up to a Vera, but seems there ought to be a better solution.

If anyone has ideas, I would be delighted to get to the next step.

Are your Dooya motors standard motors with no inbuilt RF then ?

Only Z-Wave module for DC motors is the Qubino DC Flush Shutter, but I wouldn’t recommend it or DC motors for that matter. I think I will be sticking with AC motors in the future.

Or some home brew solution as you suggest with MySensors.

@cw-kid, my motors have a built-in 433MHz receiver, together with rechargeable batteries.

My guess is the best option will be to use a MySensors approach (at least that’s the direction I’m going in).

I was wondering if I could bypass the NRF24L01+ approach and just hook up an Arduino with an 433MHZ transmitter (not as flexible as MySensors, but a bit simpler for me to get started with).

I don’t have any experience with MySensors so cannot advise you.

The only way I know of how to control RF 433MHZ devices in Vera would be to either use the RFXCOM Transceiver and its Vera plugin or possibly the Broadlink RM Pro hub and its Vera plugin .