Which android interface to use for a wall mount tablet?

I plan on installing a couple android tablets to control vera on the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions for which one to use? I’m using Authomation on my tablet and phone at the moment. I like it for the speed but the interface doesn’t give it the wow factor.

Imperihome on the play store. Try the free version to see if you like it.

We have three wall tablets running ImperiHome. We use AuthomationHD on our phone and portable tablets. Both are great Android tools

I agree with these guys ^^^^^^ I currently Use Imperihome on my phone, tablets and wifes phone because of the looks. I also have and was using AuthomationHD on my phone for some time now. It’s free and it has support for many plugins which for the longest I couldn’t use a multiswitch in Imperihome (wasn’t important for wife, But I needed that control). Until last week they added support. So one plugin was holding me back from full use and now I don’t use AuthomationHD as much or all this week so far.

Just got Imperhome installed and I’m liking it. Thanks for the feedbacks.

Your only problem maybe be if you run any special devices or plugin’s. Lack of support for some of them. There is a BETA testers forum on Google+ you can join for requests and beta versions if you choose.

It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

Have you made this request on the beta forum? If so ill also throw it their way too. I lock my phone rather then each app. I also have it set to autolock if its more then a few ft from my wrist… Smartwatch. I hate having to enter pins or finger prints. Now if its away from me it auto locks if i pick it up its unlocked.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

Have you made this request on the beta forum? If so ill also throw it their way too. I lock my phone rather then each app. I also have it set to autolock if its more then a few ft from my wrist… Smartwatch. I hate having to enter pins or finger prints. Now if its away from me it auto locks if i pick it up its unlocked.[/quote]

SmartPhone, SmartWatch, Integrated Home Automation … a TRULY DEDICATED TECHNOGEEK :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=“clippermiami, post:9, topic:184075”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

Have you made this request on the beta forum? If so ill also throw it their way too. I lock my phone rather then each app. I also have it set to autolock if its more then a few ft from my wrist… Smartwatch. I hate having to enter pins or finger prints. Now if its away from me it auto locks if i pick it up its unlocked.[/quote]

SmartPhone, SmartWatch, Integrated Home Automation … a TRULY DEDICATED TECHNOGEEK :slight_smile: :)[/quote]

Or just really Lazy! ;D

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

That has nothing to do with the original point. Sometimes you want to allow other folks in your house control from their smartphone, but you don’t want to them triggering or changing certain devices (scene objects, pleg objects, etc).

Object level access control/roles has been a long outstanding wish item with Vera.

[quote=“TC1, post:11, topic:184075”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

That has nothing to do with the original point. Sometimes you want to allow other folks in your house control from their smartphone, but you don’t want to them triggering or changing certain devices (scene objects, pleg objects, etc).

Object level access control/roles has been a long outstanding wish item with Vera.[/quote]

I guess for that now I currently hide what I dont want them to use or see then/ lock configuration so they dont accidentally change or move somthing around in the app. For my wife and 5 year old son this works perfectly. I guess if i had a teenager i didnt trust and a zwave lock on my gunsafe I would be more intrested in locking out activation of my gun safe to my teenager or wife. ;D

For my curiosity, Can you give some more examples of what kinds of things you would want to password protect your own family who has thier own access to vera from controlling?

[quote=“TC1, post:11, topic:184075”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]

Object level access control/roles has been a long outstanding wish item with Vera.[/quote]

@TC1:yes it does , I highlight something which is a bonus in Authomation and maybe an issue for the threadstarter when he wants to use empirihome.

In Authomation , just like integlikewhoa writes , you can hide devices and password protect it.

@ integlikewhoa: yes I opened a thread for this… but so far no reply or changes in the app … unfortunately.
What I password protect are the things like virtual switches which are only used by PLEG, or devices hooked up on my heating system. When those ( espcially the virtual switches) are pressed , it will mess up the whole logic for PLEG.
Or for example my modem, I hooked my modem up with an Zwave outlet, a scene is triggered via the ping sensor to reset ( switch on/off) the modem, you can imagine what happends when someone pushes the off-switch via the app.

Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:184075”]It is just ashame you cannot password protect some devices or password protect hidden devices in Emperihome. This was a big ++ for authomation for me.

Cor[/quote]
pwd protect +

A thread on this forum or on the Imperihome Beta forum? They don’t watch or focus on only VERA products. This is something all controllers that ImperiHome support can benefit from. Posting it on their beta forum for requests seems to get handled much faster.

A thread on this forum or on the Imperihome Beta forum? They don’t watch or focus on only VERA products. This is something all controllers that ImperiHome support can benefit from. Posting it on their beta forum for requests seems to get handled much faster.[/quote]

Hmm, didn’t know they had their own forum, you have a link , since I can not find it , or is it that google+ thing?

Thanks,
Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:16, topic:184075”]Hmm, didn’t know they had their own forum, you have a link , since I can not find it , or is it that google+ thing?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

I have posted it there for you, but the more people that ask the faster we might see results.

Here is the info:
https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203063998-How-can-I-join-ImperiHome-BETA-testing-program-

Yes the forum is on Google plus, which if your Android (and you must be with Imperihome) you have.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:17, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:16, topic:184075”]Hmm, didn’t know they had their own forum, you have a link , since I can not find it , or is it that google+ thing?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

I have posted it there for you, but the more people that ask the faster we might see results.

Here is the info:
https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203063998-How-can-I-join-ImperiHome-BETA-testing-program-

Yes the forum is on Google plus, which if your Android (and you must be with Imperihome) you have.[/quote]

Thanks,

I think I did it as well , not sure how this google+ works, I can’t see yu posting this question.
[url=https://plus.google.com/114190755937504686123/posts/daymosC3ofx]https://plus.google.com/114190755937504686123/posts/daymosC3ofx[/url]

Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:18, topic:184075”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:17, topic:184075”][quote=“Cor, post:16, topic:184075”]Hmm, didn’t know they had their own forum, you have a link , since I can not find it , or is it that google+ thing?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

Here is the info:

Yes the forum is on Google plus, which if your Android (and you must be with Imperihome) you have.[/quote]

Thanks,

I think I did it as well , not sure how this google+ works, I can’t see yu posting this question.
[url=https://plus.google.com/114190755937504686123/posts/daymosC3ofx]https://plus.google.com/114190755937504686123/posts/daymosC3ofx[/url]

Cor[/quote]

Hahaha its not much different then here but looks. I saw your post. And added a plus 1 to it.