When "Changes" Ability?

[quote=“zedrally, post:20, topic:198592”]Your need a Boolean expression for the time element.
Presently you have >5, but need the NOW for the timestamp.
So think of it as (NOW>5) which would evaluate to TRUE once the 5 sec’s (or there about as NOW is a minute timer) counts down.

5 has nothing to tell it where to start the time event.
Read up about it in PLEG Basics, it will give you a better understanding of how PLEG works.[/quote]

We have now steered completely away from the topic, my fault as well. Now back to the garage door and people thing.

Triggers: (On = Home, Off = Away)
P1
P2
P3
P4
P5
etc etc

Condition:
This is where I’m stuck and trying all kinds of variations. At any given time 1 or more people may still be at home. People come and go throughout the day. I’m trying to figure out the correct condition to open the garage door when a person arrives. But not to continuously re-open the door because of them evaluating to TRUE because they are present or because someone else is present.

Action:
OpenGarageDoor

I still think you need a separate condition for each person. In my case, using iPhone Locator, I would set a trigger for P1 and a trigger for P2.

c1 P1 and !GarageDoorOpen with repeats on
c2 P2 and !GarageDoorOpen with repeats on

Then each condition would execute an Action to open the garage door.

Next time P1 or P2 is true, the trigger would renew and c1 or c2 would be true and Action would run again.

Instead of opening the door, mine sets house mode to Home and sends notifications. But I also use it to set house mode to away.

Attached is my setup.

I tested your method minus the “repeats” with a light in my office area. It works. I toggled my status switches off, left it that way, switched back on. etc. Things worked as expected. Did that with multiple people. I’ve changed the action to the garage. Waiting for the wife to come home as my test subject.