What version from http://www.micasaverde.com/vera2?b... (URL edited out)

Hi everyone,

I saw this URL in some other thread, and when I clicked on the setup link at this URL, it says my firmware is outdated, and asks if it can upgrade it. I’m currently running 1.1.1047, which I thought was the latest publicly available firmware. If I do click upgrade, does anyone know what version I’ll get? (Any chance it’ll be 1062 or 1093?)

My Vera is stable, but I’m about to add a dozen new nodes, and I don’t want to run into that “can’t add new device” errors that lots of people seem to have encountered with 1047.

I get the Fail to Learn error on 1062 as well. I’ve heard it’s on the 1093 firmware too, but am reluctant to upgrade while something’s in progress. I’m at 14 days and counting since I last talked to someone at MCV on this…time’s running out. I may just have to load to 1093 and re-report the problem.

The URL [originally] referenced is restricted to the Beta community use only. There’s a small group of users that play “crash test dummy” with the Beta releases.

Do not use this URL.

PS: I’ve since edited this out, as it’s not intended for public consumption.

That’s funny, I thought anyone that bought a Vera2 fell into this category ;D

This is funny like in not! … apparently 1.1.1155 seems to fix so many issues that I might even be able to use my vera2 at home… but right now I can use the device for supporting books… I know I cannot expect support running on beta software - but limiting me from it is just plain stupid.

Guys,

Regarding beta firmware releases: Just be patient. The last thing you would want is a bad firmware bricking your Vera, or somehow making things even worse for you.

MCV has been working hard to generate a new firmware release that will resolve a decent amount of outstanding issues. Once it has been vetted, it will be released to the public.

Like what TheGadgetGuy has said, there will be a release soon. We are working hard to having MCV working out the under the hood kinks. Please do not load up the beta firmware. This is for the beta testers only and would only slow down MCV with development if support is needed for anyone loading up the beta firmware. There is a reason why we limit the beta firmware to everyone. That is why it is called “Beta”.

• Garrett

[quote=“TheGadgetGuy, post:6, topic:167110”]Guys,

Regarding beta firmware releases: Just be patient. The last thing you would want is a bad firmware bricking your Vera, or somehow making things even worse for you.

MCV has been working hard to generate a new firmware release that will resolve a decent amount of outstanding issues. Once it has been vetted, it will be released to the public. [/quote]

As the Release Notes (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes) say, firmware version 1.1.1155 is a “Release Candidate”, which means the final public release should be very soon. MCV together with the Beta testers are working hard to make sure this firmware is as stable as possible, so the rest of the community can upgrade safely to the new public firmware. Thanks for your patience.

Wow, that list of release notes looks promising. I can’t wait to get the update!

We are the official “crash test dummies” :slight_smile: Trust us in saying you didn’t want some of the other releases and that you were better off with 1.1.1047 until now!

Any idea from the “crash dummies” … I mean, Beta Testers on when would MCV be releasing a new stable firmware? I keep on reading that it will be pretty soon, but would anyone venture to take an educated guess on the actual time frame? 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, next year, before 2015 (I certainly hope it is before 2015), never… you get the point.

Not to be taken as a complain, I like my VERA2 unit running 1.1.1062, but I will certainly like to have a more stable system that I can be really proud off.

If I was a betting man then I would say perhaps as soon as next week if the latest and greatest proves to be stable.

@strangely → I hope you are right; I would love to see a more stable release being published soon.