What do you recommend for AV control

itach and Broadlink can learn codes from just about any IR remote. So the non AV things like a window a/c unit that has a remote or other remote items in your house have the potential to be controlled. Think about what items you have in your house that has a remote and uses IR. You may have a few or none. If they are in different rooms you’ll likely need multiple units or run wire. Multiple units seems like broadlink is the cheapest per unit, so some advantage there.

Thanks for all the advice.

So with Broadlink, plus the plugin when Richard releases it, would mean I could run a scene that includes an AV control command to a TV etc?

If I want to run an IR command from Amazon I would need to run a bridge to activate a vera scene to run the Broadlink IR connect?

I assume I could run a bridge on a Rpi

Are the above statements true or have I missed something?

|Does anyone know when Richard might be releasing the plugin?

You have it right on.

I have started this … need a little more reverse engineering.
I have a few other projects in the queue and I have been doing some traveling.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:24, topic:196757”]I have started this … need a little more reverse engineering.
I have a few other projects in the queue and I have been doing some traveling.[/quote]

Thanks Richard. What kind of features do you anticipate and what sort of timescale? Just roughly

[quote=“wilme2, post:4, topic:196757”]I am a big fan of iTach. Since they have a published API, you can use any number of control methods. For example I control both via Vera for automation and iRule for remote control. Simple Control/Roomie Remote is another remote control software option that was originally designed around iTachs. I am also a big fan of the iTach Control Tower IR database, making is easy for you to pull the codes you need to send…

Notes: I do not use the GC-100 plug-in - everything from Vera is Luup sending to iTach. iRule could be especially appealing since it has a plug-in for Vera, but the plug-in isn’t very good - just good enough to have a few light buttons on my home theater remote pages…[/quote]

I second this. I have it integrated with ImperiHome Pro and I use mbhRemote as well. Works great.