What can I do with VeraPlus and bluetooth?

Can I play sounds to a bluetooth speaker?
Can I detect the presence of a phone, fitbit, or other bluetooth device?

What are you doing with yours?

[quote=“VeraDad”]Can I play sounds to a bluetooth speaker?
Can I detect the presence of a phone, fitbit, or other bluetooth device?

What are you doing with yours?[/quote]
I tried to pair a Bluetooth speaker, phone, mi band, etc. Unfortunately the Vera didn’t see any of these devices. It did see my treadmill however…

I was really hoping Bluetooth audio would work as I invested in Samsungs multiroom audio and the seem to have locked it down to only work with smart things… Wish I would have gone with sonos, but hopefully Bluetooth will salvage it.

[quote=“MLeBaugh, post:2, topic:191307”]I tried to pair a Bluetooth speaker, phone, mi band, etc. Unfortunately the Vera didn’t see any of these devices. It did see my treadmill however…

I was really hoping Bluetooth audio would work as I invested in Samsungs multiroom audio and the seem to have locked it down to only work with smart things… Wish I would have gone with sonos, but hopefully Bluetooth will salvage it.[/quote]

Thanks MLeBaugh! Well at least you can turn up the AC when you start on the treadmill and the water heater (for a shower) when you’re done. :wink:

Thanks!

[quote=“VeraDad”][quote=“MLeBaugh, post:2, topic:191307”]I tried to pair a Bluetooth speaker, phone, mi band, etc. Unfortunately the Vera didn’t see any of these devices. It did see my treadmill however…

I was really hoping Bluetooth audio would work as I invested in Samsungs multiroom audio and the seem to have locked it down to only work with smart things… Wish I would have gone with sonos, but hopefully Bluetooth will salvage it.[/quote]

Thanks MLeBaugh! Well at least you can turn up the AC when you start on the treadmill and the water heater (for a shower) when you’re done. :wink:

Thanks![/quote]
Ha! That’s a use I didn’t expect.

I think Bluetooth/zigbee is a futureproof feature at the moment for the vera plus. Features will likely be added with future releases.

One lonely device on the compact list for Bluetooth, that is the revogi smart cool bulb
Lost of compatible devices is here: http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2340019-certified-partner-products

[quote=“shallowearth, post:5, topic:191307”]One lonely device on the compact list for Bluetooth, that is the revogi smart cool bulb
Lost of compatible devices is here: http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2340019-certified-partner-products[/quote]

When I saw this list I was not too excited, then I found out that many people are finding other things working or mostly working which are not on this list.

Thank you!