Weird devices showing up... _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) and more.

I have recently installed DataYours on UI7. Shortly before that I installed the Home Energy Monitor gen2.

I have 6 of these showing up:
_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) 4
Under it it says “Level”.

I have one called _Temperature Sensor

One called Unnamed device that has “Watts KWH” under it.

All with ID Parent of 66.

How can I figure out what these are, or what device has an ID of 66?

I do see
<service_66 service=“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1” ControlURL=“/upnp/control/dev_66” EventURL=“/upnp/event/dev_66” serviceType=“urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:service:EnergyMetering:1”/>

and

<device id=“66” device_type=“urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1” id_parent=“1” embedded=“0” disabled=“0” device_file=“D_BinaryLight1.xml” impl_file=“” model=“” altid=“47” ip=“” mac=“” time_created=“1407039109” category_num=“3” subcategory_num=“0” room=“8” manufacturer=“Aeon” name=“Nursery Closet Light” device_json=“D_BinaryLight1.json”

Just wondering what is happening… if this is the HEM or the DataYours going crazy, or if I have a different problem.

I don’t see how DataYours could be doing this. Looks more like a mid-configured HEM (perhaps it thinks it has 6 sensors?). But maybe not.

DeviceId 66 could be anything, it’s just a question of Vera using the next available Id.

What else have you changed recently. You haven’t been playing with Ergy, have you?

[quote=“akbooer, post:2, topic:189012”]I don’t see how DataYours could be doing this. Looks more like a mid-configured HEM (perhaps it thinks it has 6 sensors?). But maybe not.

DeviceId 66 could be anything, it’s just a question of Vera using the next available Id.

What else have you changed recently. You haven’t been playing with Ergy, have you?[/quote]

1 - I never intended to make it seem that it ws DataYours, so if I dd, I apologize. As for the HEM, maybe, no way really to know.
2 - What do you mean by playing with Ergy? It’s installed.

No offence taken! I was just trying to rule it out of your diagnosis.

2 - What do you mean by playing with Ergy? It's installed.
This is just another component which seems to have caused trouble in the past. Yes, it is there, but have you actually tried to use it?

What type of device actually IS device id 66?

From what I posted above… it appears to be an aeon smart switch.

I had this happen with my HEM. Actually only my Version 1 HEM from Aeotec, not my Version 2 from them.

Try: Main HEM → Advanced → Commands → Configure node right now

Turns out it was an Aeon switch… I tried deleting it about 40 times, finally it came back but all of the garbage devices were gone.

My Aeotec HEM V1 does this about once week. I just restore each time it does it. It was doing it much more frequently (3 times a week)and I noticed the child device capabilities were being wiped. I set up a pleg condition that if it happens it configures the device until the child capabilities are restored. (Sometimes the configure fails so it keeps doing it every 5 minutes until it works)

Wouldn’t it be great if our friends at Vera could figure out why this happens and fix it permanently? If it requires work on both sides, wouldn’t it be wonderful if they’d work with Aeotec to correct the issue as well?

I have about 30-40 devices that start with “_” that are all related to HEM V1 - in the past I would delete them but now they cannot be deleted. It seems like they are multiplying weekly.

Literally on this same thread, and on the same page, I provided how to fix this per Vera support:

I had this happen with my HEM. Actually only my Version 1 HEM from Aeotec, not my Version 2 from them.

Try: Main HEM → Advanced → Commands → Configure node right now

Hi all,

Vera created devices itself: _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) x13

ID parent relates to Harmony Hub image. I was trying to delete _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) device Engine automatically Reloads and device is not deleting. I was trying to delete via http command http://192.168.1.2:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=530 still not deleting.

Any suggestions ?

Are you also trying to delete the Harmony Hub plugin device ?

Can you see on your screen shot above for the _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) there is a tick box for “embedded”.

Untick that reload and then try to delete this “child” device.

What is device ID 211 ? That is the parent device of this _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) device.

I have used the Harmony hub plugin for years and not had any issues like these. However I haven’t tried to delete it.

@cw-kid thank you for your reply,

I unticked embedded reload engine then deleted the device but is still showing.

I have 14 devices like that created recently:

And you have tried deleting the parent device 211?

@cw-kid I got it! Wasn’t Harmony Hub was Aeon SmartSwitch. I went to Commands and Configure node right now and _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) x13 disappeared!

Thank you for your support!

OK great.

This is a handy bookmark

http://Vera-IP:3480/data_request?id=invoke

It will list all your devices in the Vera hub, so you can easily search for their device ID numbers.

1 Like