Waterproof Motion Sensor

Attached is the sheet he just sent.

They don’t specify temperature range for outdoor device?

Good catch. I’ll see what they say.

Good info, thanks for following up with them Barry. I don’t suppose they gave you any hints as to the MSRP did they?

At the moment, I don’t have pricing information on it. I did request it though.

In my experience, most exterior motion sensors that come with exterior fixtures found at the Home Depot aren’t that weatherproof anyway. If mounted under an eave, I would think it should be fine. Certainly just sealing it up with silicone would do the trick, but I’d also hardwire it to a power supply so you don’t have to open it again to change batteries. I realize the Home Depot sensors are much cheaper cost wise, but they seem to last even with open holes for their switches and dials.

[quote=“B0SST0N, post:17, topic:164651”]http://www.aeon-labs.com/site/products/view/7/

This sensor will be waterproof (or at least rated for outdoor use) and will be released soon, the last estimate I heard was March… but that of course has come and gone… maybe any day now?[/quote]

I’ve spoken with my contact Aeon Labs and I hopefully will be getting these new devices in for review shortly. As soon as I have a first look I’ll update with some info here.

Any dates on when the Aeon unit will hit the street would be nice too.

FYI… got this back from AEON as to when it will be for sale:

Should be about 2 months out.

Best Regards,
-Winston

Winston Cheng
Senior Sales & Project Manager
Aeon Labs