WARNING! : GE 12724 Firmware changes!!

All -

In troubleshooting some new GE 12724 dimmers with Vera/Jasco, I have learned that a recent firmware change in these dimmers introduces 2 issues:

• Ramp up via zwave on command NO LONGER FUNCTIONS. Thus, lights will come full on via zwave command and there is no way to change this… no parameter changes will fix this either
  • Full power exclude no longer works (include seems fine)… so, in order to exclude a device, you have to bring vera to switch

Jasco has told me these are changes in FW rev 3.0E of switch… so basically any new ones you might buy. They thus far have said there is no solution and don’t seem to have any intention on fixing this. So, I would suggest NOT using these any longer.

Inter[quote=“libby2cm, post:1, topic:192812”]- Full power exclude no longer works (include seems fine)… so, in order to exclude a device, you have to bring vera to switch[/quote]

Interesting.

Note that you can use any controller (even a controller that the device is not paired with) to do the exclude. So if you have a secondary controller (such as one of the GE Remotes), you can bring that controller over to the device to do the exclude. (However, using another controller will not inform Vera that the device is now gone from its network.)

hmm, i hope they “Fix” the ramp up, i need some more switches but i don’t want them full on instant

Interesting.

Note that you can use any controller (even a controller that the device is not paired with) to do the exclude. So if you have a secondary controller (such as one of the GE Remotes), you can bring that controller over to the device to do the exclude. (However, using another controller will not inform Vera that the device is now gone from its network.)[/quote]
Yea that’s what I ended up doing last night… I had my old vera 3 I brought over to switch so i didn’t have to disconnect new vera and I got it excluded. But, it’s just assinine that jasco changed these things functionally this much and didn’t feel the need to tell anyone…

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds like they won’t… went back and forth with customer service today… they are morons and don’t even know how zwave works. All they could tell me was that zwave made them update the firmware… whatever that means.

Guess I’ll spend the weekend ripping these out and installing new ones from another vendor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, Did you actually try monitoring parameter 7 and 8, and comparing them to 9 and 10, to see if the parameters are just not working correctly, or are you saying that 7 and 8 no longer are programmable?

Maybe go with the Dragon dimmer (also called HS-WD100+) they look like the Jasco if you are keeping your Jasco switches and may still give you instant status if Vera implements the new class for it. Dimmer rate is programmable, manual is here http://www.007systems.com/uploads/2/1/1/9/21192470/wd100_manual.pdf

So does this mean if I have the lights turn on via Zwave they will automatically go to full power? I’m unable to have it go to 50%?

I’m planning on purchasing about 15 of theses for my living kitchen.