Want help with fibaro roller shutter

I am new to zwave I have some fibaro roller shutters but I am not able to decide which curtain motor will best perform with it I don’t have huge budget can some body help

I bought a normal wired motor from Somfy with 70 $

There are many Chinese made motors with less than that

choose a normal wired one

Yes for AC motors you want a “standard” motor, meaning it has 4 wires (2 directional hot wires for up/down, a neutral and a ground wire). A Somfy version would have a set of large limit buttons on the motor head, a yellow and white one (sometimes under a yellow removable protective cover).

@thereaolabdo
the pricing you sugest makes me want to motorize my shades. Where can I get the somfy motors for $70.00. Do you know what the Somfy model numbers are and where can I get that price. Will somfy sell directly to me? I see them online but the are in the 100’s of $. Do I need new parts for my shade or will they fit in my shade.
this would really add to our house:) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=“hoptown, post:4, topic:177003”]@thereaolabdo
the pricing you sugest makes me want to motorize my shades. Where can I get the somfy motors for $70.00. Do you know what the Somfy model numbers are and where can I get that price. Will somfy sell directly to me? I see them online but the are in the 100’s of $. Do I need new parts for my shade or will they fit in my shade.
this would really add to our house:) :slight_smile: :)[/quote]

He might be referring to eBay or some smaller motor (there are a lot of lift capacities and motor styles in Somfy’s catalog alone).

There are a couple used ones here for $50 to $75