Wait before reporting a motion, door, window tripped not working?

Hi,

In UI7 you’ve the option to define a time to wait before reporting a motion, door, window tripped. (it’s under ‘Configure My Preset Modes’).
I thought this would wait for x seconds before it armes the motion sensors and reports that they’re tripped.
But that doesn’t seems to be the case.

I’ve set the wait time on 300 seconds.
When I leave my house I change the house mode to ‘away’, but that immediately gives an alert because I just walked by one of the motion sensors and that one stays tripped for 4 minutes.
So it doesn’t seems to work for that, what should it do then?

Change the top one to 300. The mode will change in 300 which is what you really want not wait to report for 300.

I don’t think that’s what I really want because I want the lights to be turned off immediately. That happens when I change the house mode to away.

I use a “Depart” scene that turns everything off that I want off, locks doors then 10 minutes later changes the house mode to away.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Yeah that’s basically it. But I was hoping to do it with the built-in house modes.

I already have a scene that switches the house mode to away when the ping sensors don’t notice anybody at home and the motions sensors aren’t tripped.
But that usually takes 10 to 15 minutes. Sometimes I want to turn of the lights (not all of them) directly when I walk out of the door.