VeraSecure

Has anyone tested the VeraSecure with 2GIG-PIR1-345 ? How is the delay?

When this controller be available in Europe?

Hi, I have recently purchased a Vera Secure, its been great. Now im trying to get my 2gig Go panel to be a secondary controller to the Vera Secure. I have found instructions for Vera Lite, saying to press the ā€œ+ā€ button (Vera and 2GIG - Support - Surety Support Forum) to make this happen, but there is no such button on the Vera Secure. I found some seperate instructions (file:///home/jack/Downloads/VeraSecure_QSG_Z-Wave_Overview.pdf) that seemed to point at using the select button to select Z-wave and then press sync breifly. Is this the same functionality as the ā€œ+ā€ button on the vera lite? If not what would be the best way to do this? Iā€™ve tried every combination I can come up with and im fairly stumped.

Hello there, indeed, pressing sync briefly is this the same functionality as the ā€œ+ā€ button on the vera lite. Basically, you have to put VeraSecure in include mode. This is what the + button does on VeraLite.

VeraSecure can be put in include mode from the interface as well. Dashboard ā†’ Devices-> Add device ā†’ Generic Z-wave device.

Maybe this late, but I just got my VS and 1 of the 2GIG-PIR1-345, it doesnā€™t work at all after installing, unless you call taking the back off activating the tamper. I got 4 of the GoControl smarts from Vera and 1 doesnā€™t ā€œtripā€ at all and one ā€œtripsā€ and then stays tripped for hours.

So far Iā€™m thinking that this is still a toy. One poster said that heā€™d never use this as an alarm as it couldnā€™t be trusted to know that he was home. We shall see.

Figured on this thread might be interesting for people here to review the issues Iā€™ve run into with Vera Secure and the cellular backup provided:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49801.0.html

Short story, a couple days without internet access at an empty vacation home rung up 15 special $4.95 data charges, charging me over $75. Customer support told me this is to be expected, and offered to refund this only if I could prove the system had Internet the entire time.

VeraProtect is apparently being offered at 50% off for existing Vera customers:

http://getvera.com/services/veraprotect/

I canā€™t find the Tā€™s & Cā€™s for this offer, is it for the life of the service contract or just for a few months? Anyone have a link to the actual terms?

I would consider VeraSecure if the monitoring fees stayed at $9.95/month, my biggest concern with VeraSecure is that only one monitoring service is available - if Iā€™m unhappy with the price or performance I have no choice in monitoring providers.

-MC

[quote=ā€œMichaelCoffin, post:47, topic:196319ā€]VeraProtect is apparently being offered at 50% off for existing Vera customers:

http://getvera.com/services/veraprotect/

I canā€™t find the Tā€™s & Cā€™s for this offer, is it for the life of the service contract or just for a few months? Anyone have a link to the actual terms?

I would consider VeraSecure if the monitoring fees stayed at $9.95/month, my biggest concern with VeraSecure is that only one monitoring service is available - if Iā€™m unhappy with the price or performance I have no choice in monitoring providers.

-MC[/quote]

I need real details on how this works. I mean you need to spell out under what circumstances they will call out fire/EMS/police. If this requires the use of house modes, that is a deal-killer. What I would want is to use the DSC plug-in device and monitor my REAL alarm system and call out when that goes into alarm. But I am pretty sure that is not the model and Vera Protect is only for those who want Vera and its directly attached devices to be part of the alarm system. Which goes back to this thread, which essentially says you would still have to build it yourself. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50540.0.html

I agree with Wilme2.

One of the main reasons I chose a Vera was I did not want to pay a service and with VeraMate, I become the monitoring service.

When we get notifications, we open VeraMate, look at the 4 cameras to see what is happening, and if I need to call police/fire/EMS, I will call.

My next ā€œpieceā€ is a sensor on my smoke alarms so I can get a notification when they are activated. The next ā€œpieceā€ after that is a flow sensor on my water line so if in Away or Vacation Mode, and I get a water flow, I get a notification.

Just knowing what is happening is good enough for me.

When out of your local 911 area (which in Dallas and Houston can just be blocks away from home), you need the local number to the 911 center where your house is located. There are national centers than can forward you to the local 911 Center/PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) based on a given address, but better to find the local number (often referred to by the local 911 operator as something like their Out of City/Out of State number) and program it into your phone. No fun to have a real emergency, call the wrong 911 operator, and it take multiple transfers to get to the right one.

Good point. I have the local numbers in my phone, including the condo managerā€™s number. All with +1 in case I call them when overseas.

I was looking to transition from SmartThings to VeraSecure. Has the 2gig keypad issue been resolved?

2GIG Keypad is now fully supported as well as Centralite 3400 G Security Keypad.

There is a small on off switch near the sim card in the battery compartment of my Vera secure, what is this ?

Hi there

Since VeraSecure has a built-in battery, thatā€™s the ā€œkill switchā€ for VeraSecure. It will turn off the controller.

1 Like