VeraPlus Unresponsive (Zwave, Zigbee and Bluetooth lights are OFF)

For the last few weeks my VeraPlus at some point during the day becomes unresponsive. I come home from work to find scheduled lights did not turn ON or I wake up in the morning to find scheduled lights did not turn OFF. I’m able to log into the unit via but when I try to turn devices ON or OFF nothing happens. When I look at the VeraPlus unit the Zwave, Zigbee and Bluetooth lights are OFF but the power, wifi and service lights are ON, I cycle power to the unit and all the lights come back ON and the unit starts working again. I contacted vera support and they said: “I have checked the unit and it works just fine now, Let me know if there is something else and i will get back to you”.

After monitoring the unit yesterday morning I noticed that the Zwave, Zigbee and Blutooth lights will all go OFF and come back ON sporadically without me cycling power. Appears when my scenes fail it’s because the unit is cycling through this issue it has with the Zwave,Zigbee and Bluetooth lights are OFF which causes the unit to be unable to turn my Zwave devices ON or OFF.

This is getting very frustrating. ???

Contact support again and tell them to look deeper.

It sounds like you might have a plugin or some code that is taking longer than a minute to run and is causing the LUUP engine to restart and at some point it no longer starts at all. But, this is supposition. I don;t have enough information. Technical support should be able to find something in the logs.

Try phoning support before you re-boot and the lights are still out.
As with most things, it is harder to find out what’s wrong when it is back working.
Make sure logging is turned on and get them to check the logs.

I have the same issue.

Thanks for the advice. I have been talking to support via email but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere. I’ll trying calling when the unit stops responding and zwave, zigbee and bluetooth lights go out again.

Maybe it sounds weird. But try removing all DLNA devices from your network or remove vera to another network without DLNA connected devices. This has by the way not to do woth the “detect devices on netwotk” setting in vera.

Just try and see!

I wresteld with respons issues for long lonf times. Those days are now gone. Offcourse all kinds of aother issues ::)…

Did anyone find an answer this? I have a brand new VeraPlus, copied settings from my vera3 and have the same issue. The Vera3 works fine.

Same issue here, upgraded from basically rock solid Vera 3 and now Vera Plus is unresponsive on a daily basis and re-booting does not bring it back.

Are you able to SSH in to the Vera even though the web interface is not coming up? Are you using any new plugins? I would try two things:

1. Isolate vera to a separate VLAN or just back to back with your laptop/desktop. If it was DHCP, then run a server on your local system, if it was a static IP, set one on on your laptop as well and see if you can pull the web interface to see if the problem shows on the dashboard or the logs.

2. Factory default the Vera and restore from a backup.

I am a firm believer in isolating Vera from the rest of your network if possible. In my experience, many UPNP devices on the same LAN as Vera seems to make it less stable. Putting vera on a separate vlan on the router made my Vera experience much, much better.

Me too. Last few days, I notice that all but two or three LEDs are off. No devices trigger. It was working to simply power cycle the VP, but that stopped working today. now only the first two LEDs are on.

ETA: I can get to the IP address but only the VERA logo appears and the spinning green wheel.

ETA2: When I go to the luupnp log (veraip//cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=luaupnp), I get pages of this:

Just come home to find VeraPlus with Internet and Service lights blinking and reporting as offline. There is no issue with the internet, box has been rebooted and its totally unresponsive now. Mightily p**ssed off. Nothing has been changed in the last month, but all of a sudden it stops working. This is not good enough, this environment is just not stable, even when you try and operate it as a stable environment. When are McV going to get their act together. I’m going to look for at alternatives. The cr@p way in which Echo integration has been handled and this instability is the camel that broke this camels back.

Like grief, I think there are 5 stages of Vera ownership. You appear to be on stage 4 - vowing to use an alternative. I’ve been there, a number of times. But, when you make it through to stage 5, you’ll realize that you’re so invested in the plugins and the way Vera works (when it does), combined with the fact that every other HA system out there has its own share of gotchas, that you’ll reach acceptance.

If, by chance, you do mange to break free, please keep the rest of us who never made it beyond 5 in mind and let us know where to go (completely serious).

I too am running into the same issue. All lights are on from the top till you get to Z-Wave which is off, then Service after that is on and all others are off. It was working fine until I updated the firmware from the firmware check screen. I should have known better as 99% of the time I have ever updated firmware on any Vera device, it ended in disaster. I was hoping to get the Alexa beta bit working though, thinking maybe it will show up as a compatible controller with newer firmware.

Firmware update took forever and after 35+ minutes, I pulled the plug (it says to cycle power if it doesn’t respond in 15) even though I couldn’t tell if it had even accomplished anything. It’s been doing this since. Tried hitting the reset button with a paperclip 6 times within 6 seconds and the top most (power I think) light begins to blink as all the others that were on remain steady. It will then sit there and do nothing (it has been left for hours). If I reboot the power, and the lights are steady (except for Z-wave, etc), I can see it when trying to add it back in via http://home.getvera.com, but the browser never advances from “Updating Controller Software…”.

Thankfully this is a brand new controller (VeraPlus), so I can just return the darn thing. I wasn’t supposed to buy it anyway since the last one at our office failed a firmware update (VeraLite) and an entire team of techs couldn’t bring it back. It was decided that they would switch controllers for all Z-wave testing to a different brand (another company is sending one out). I bought the VeraPlus using my own dept’s budget because I am stubborn. Regardless of the fact that Vera’s support, never responded to any emails that were sent starting a week ago. I am now starting to lose my stubbornness and agree with the them. If the new controller works out being better, I might replace the Vera I have at home as well out of spite. All of this is sad since I work for a major consumer tech publisher (press), and I am sure this might be the end of any positive material they publish in regards to Vera. Oh well :frowning:

@TheSaint,

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve been having with your unit. But Customer Care should be able to help nonetheless. They do have their busy times but usually all the customers are responded within a 24 hours at most, depending on the triggered priority factor.

Customer Care team has come a long way in the last year, both in numbers and in experience and we are closely monitoring all social media channels as well.

So please send me any detail you can in a private message(case number/Vera SN) and I will investigate the situation and have someone get back to you ASAP.

[quote=“John M., post:14, topic:192186”]@TheSaint,

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve been having with your unit. But Customer Care should be able to help nonetheless. They do have their busy times but usually all the customers are responded within a 24 hours at most, depending on the triggered priority factor.

Customer Care team has come a long way in the last year, both in numbers and in experience and we are closely monitoring all social media channels as well.

So please send me any detail you can in a private message(case number/Vera SN) and I will investigate the situation and have someone get back to you ASAP.[/quote]

I sent a message. It doesn’t show in sent messages, so do let me know if you get it.

Hi there,

yes, got your message and forwarded it to one of our senior agents. It should have sent you a message to arrange a meeting if needed.

[quote=“John M., post:16, topic:192186”]Hi there,

yes, got your message and forwarded it to one of our senior agents. It should have sent you a message to arrange a meeting if needed.[/quote]

Thank you. It took over an hour and a half on the phone, but support was able to fix it. All sorts of missing files. It was a complete mess, but he managed his way through it until the Vera was responding again.

Pretty much the entire network has to be rebuilt out though. He was able to save some of the information in the scenes, room labels and the non-Z-wave devices (ie, ip cams); but the rest was lost (this is mostly due to the inability to upgrade this information from the VeraList’s data). So all of the actual Z-wave devices need to be removed (from previous Lite affiliation) and re-added from the add screen, all the luup code needs to be re-added, devices added back to the scenes and so forth. Looks like everyone here has a lot of work ahead of them.

I should at least add that the gentleman on the phone was very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and did go through a lot to get things working.

I have just lost the zvawe light.
Sent a mail to coustom care.
Any news from some of you ?