VeraPlus New install frustration

Anyone know where to go to determine what the lights on the VP refer to? Specifically the “service” light?
I am having no luck pairing anything to mine. Got my account, the software (running Firefox on a PC) shows connected to my hub, current time, weather, etc.
I’ve tried to reset my switch, a GE12722, I’ve excluded it from my previous HA hub. I’ve tried to pair it using the software, nothing. I’ve tried to pair it without the internet connection using the two buttons (select and synch) following the instructions given to me by Vera. No luck. Right now, I’ve spent 4 hours messing with this and I’ve got nothing. Very very frustrating. Obviously I’m doing something wrong, taken a wrong button push somewhere, but there’s no help to be rec’d via the software. Two phone calls to Vera have gone unanswered (left 2 mssgs). IT SHOULDN’T BE THIS HARD!

Finally got a call back from Vera. He took control of my VP and uploaded a file. That cured my ills. Got my outlets, switches, motion detector all up and running. I’m glad I had a 50’ network cable and a wifi extender, their instructions for adding a device without having the VP hooked to the network didn’t exactly work.

So, did it do what I wanted - ie quick response to my scene activation? Yes, a significant difference from my old non-vera hub. Within 2 seconds vs 20-30 seconds! Next will be to tackle my Nest Smoke/CO2 detector. It doesn’t come up on the list of things that have a wizard.

Hard to understand what you ment, but if your talking about the add device list you’ll find that the list is very short and most cases you just install as a generic device. But since the Nest is not a zwave or zigbee device (it’s wifi) you won’t find it in the regular list. I think they use plugins for nest devices like thermostat.

[quote=“XA44Owq26HxCq88, post:2, topic:192083”]Finally got a call back from Vera. He took control of my VP and uploaded a file. That cured my ills. Got my outlets, switches, motion detector all up and running. I’m glad I had a 50’ network cable and a wifi extender, their instructions for adding a device without having the VP hooked to the network didn’t exactly work.

So, did it do what I wanted - ie quick response to my scene activation? Yes, a significant difference from my old non-vera hub. Within 2 seconds vs 20-30 seconds! Next will be to tackle my Nest Smoke/CO2 detector. It doesn’t come up on the list of things that have a wizard.[/quote]

OK, well I guess this answers my question I posted in the other thread…