VeraPlus Coming Soon !!!

Hi guys,

Just for those who might be interested, looking forward to hear more about this controller. Looks like it will support more protocols then VeraEdge.

Just received today in email:

[font=Helvetica][size=16px]Our newest Controller, the VeraPlus Home Controller is expected to begin shipping to dealers in mid to late October, and we are very excited about it. The new VeraPlus has all the great features of the VeraEdge, plus it adds the ability to communicate with devices using most of the major protocols in use today for home automation.[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][/size][size=16px] VeraPlus reflects our vision of offering consumers the absolute maximum in compatibility. It will not replace VeraEdge, but will be a step-up model offering more capabilities. You’ll be hearing much more about it in next month’s newsletter![/size][/font]

I look forward to native zigbee and bluetooth. Lets see what it can do.

What are the popular Bluetooth devices people are using? Media player remotes are the only thing I think I have that’s bluetooth?

[quote=“Ricardasr25, post:1, topic:188851”]Just for those who might be interested, looking forward to hear more about this controller. Looks like it will support more protocols then VeraEdge.

Just received today in email:[/quote]

From where or whom did you receive this email?

Hi marcjw,

This came through Vera’s monthly dealership newsletter.

The only BT device I have seen people use is the Kevo lock. Aside from that not much.

What are the popular Bluetooth devices people are using? Media player remotes are the only thing I think I have that’s bluetooth?[/quote]

@integlikewhoa

Many so-called ‘smart bulbs’ are based on Bluetooth 4.0. Having to pull out a phone, unlock it, open the app, then finally press the button to turn on the light is the complete opposite of ‘smart’ in my opinion. So, the inclusion of Bluetooth on the controller would, in theory, make them as automated/smart as any light fixture you currently have setup with a zwave switch or aeotec in-wall dimmer, etc.

It also opens up the possibility of using some bluetooth speakers for things that many of us use a Sonos for right now in terms of spoken notifications/alerts, etc. At $30-$40 for a decent bluetooth speaker, (and much cheaper for ones that would work fine for TTS) putting those in several rooms would be much cheaper than the Sonos route.

What are the popular Bluetooth devices people are using? Media player remotes are the only thing I think I have that’s bluetooth?[/quote]

Some of the new door locks are bluetooth 4.0…

No 433 Mhz LED…

I think they should upgrade everyone who went through troubleshooting and banging their head against the wall with all of the troublesome Vera Edge firmware “upgrades” to the Vera Plus for free.

Just imagine how many firmware ‘upgrades’ we will need with all those radios.

Some of the new door locks are bluetooth 4.0…[/quote]

Seems like range would be terrible. I would love WIFI if that was the case as you can setup repeaters or access point and cover basically an endless area.

Some more confirmation from Vera.

It looks like the new veraplus will be released in November, see the picture below.

Are the prices being hidden? Says it was reduced 50.00 but from what to what?

How much for better firmware ? My bad, I meant stable firmware… Got cash in hand !

Will be interesting to see how it compares with the Wink Hub. Doesn’t appear that the Wink Hub has an embedded web server, so plus for Vera there.

I don’t think WINK is its closes competitor or currently even comparable.

Can’t wait, so will it have the Zigbee, but and what else?

MO MEMORY PLEASE!!!

What I foresee… My worst nightmares… If using only one radio (zwave), we have not so consistent FW and function, imagine with more radios… I see trouble in our path.