VeraPlus - Bluetooth Devices

Hi

Has anyone been able to successfully add a Bluetooth device on their VeraPlus

When I go to add one I can see my FitBit devices listed and can choose to add them, but after multiple attempts they never appear in the device list or / dashboard?

If anyone has some success please post here.

Failed with a Flic button too… I had half a dozen BT devices listed but they were difficult to identify - they had an address similar to a MAC address but no useful name. I had expected only to see devices that were in pairing mode. As the Flic buttons have no address printed on them I wasn’t even sure I was selecting the right device.

Thanks @xappo

The fact that it can see my FitBit devices and even report their names too ‘Flex’ and ‘Charge HR’ were promising - but no joy on getting them added .

The missing piece in adding them to the UI and polling them every now and again, should hopefully not be difficult for Vera to doetc.

I forgot to mention - my addition (of not quite sure which Bluetooth device) did create a device in the UI and it had an ‘on’ and ‘off’ button but it showed a ‘failed to configure’ message or maybe a ‘failed to get information on node’ and did nothing. So I think it’s close - support for the Flic buttons would be great and a first for any controller.

Overall I had expected the ZigBee and Bluetooth interfaces to be non functional initially but they are active and for ZigBee devices it seems to work… so although this didn’t quite work I’m quite impressed and optimistic about VeraPlus currently.

I’m still trying to figure out what Bluetooth devices to get… I thought it would give functionality for bluetooth audio…etc. I guess I had higher hopes.

same here…i managed to “pair” Avea RGB bulbs, Elgato EVE Room and EVE Energy and even pair Apple TV…but all came out to show “failed to configure” with ON OFF button…but they control nothing… kind of stupid !!!

:cry:

Just wondering if anyone else had success with getting Bluetooth devices registered on their VeraPlus?

I questioned the support team about my bluetooth devices and they sent me a link with all supported devices
http://getvera.com/compatibility/

if you check under Bluetooth… only one bulb… very disappointing for me…sorry to say… :-\

Someone else on another thread mentioned they got their Bluetooth Christmas lights working, so I am guessing the the light profile is work maybe.

Thanks for the link, and it’s so surprising to see so few listed.

A simple requirement (app request) for me would for it to just detect a Bluetooth device in range, such as my Fitbit, (a redimentary location detector).

Nothing fancy, no controls, just detection. (Which I can use as a trigger etc) :wink:

I tried the TikTeck bulb and Veraplus had no trouble finding it. But like everyone else I get the failed to configure notice. It seems like Veraplus has some work to do. A lot of new protocols are available but they have made things actually work yet. I wish they had a guide that we could use to write the code to enable the various manufacturers rather than waiting for them to certify things. I would really like to have this bulb work along with Cree bulbs on the Zigbee side. (Sorry for the rant)

Has anybody had any luck connecting the Microbot Push [url=https://smile.amazon.com/MicroBot-Push-Wireless-Automation-Platinum/dp/B01FQN2T2W]https://smile.amazon.com/MicroBot-Push-Wireless-Automation-Platinum/dp/B01FQN2T2W[/url] (bluetooth LE) to VeraPlus?
I know that Microbot Push tries to get you to buy an other hub to interface the bluetooth LE over WiFi but even that doesn’t appear to be supported by Vera’s plugins.

I’m tempted to buy a VeraPlus and upgrade from my Vera3, but only really so that I can get this Microbot Push working in my existing Vera setup. I can’t think of any other reasons to upgrade from Vera3 to VeraPlus. I’ve seen plenty of discussion about BT devices not working so was wondering if anyone had any experience?

Hi Guys,

Bluetooth does not have a standardized command class and device type as Z-wave. Every new device needs to be integrated by hand, to work over Bluetooth. We are working with various manufacturers and devices will start to show up on our compatibility page. But otherwise, anything not on compatibility page will certainly not work.

@John M

Is it possible to see a list of the devices that you are working on. Some of us are holding on hoping to have specific devices integrated where perhaps we should bite the bullet and do something different. If we know what is on the list we can decide to hang on longer or move on.
I know the list will not mean its definite but can still be helpful.

@Slartibartfast

I will check this out with R&D but honestly I’m not sure in what circumstances can such a thing be achieved because we are always evaluating new devices and many of them will not pass our evaluation to see the light of the day.

Evaluation process might take from a few weeks, to months, depending on the interest of the manufacturer of devices in question and a lot of other factors.

Thank you.

Hi Jon, any update to this please. I too am looking to make better use of the Bluetooth technology built into Vera but the compatible range at present is somewhat limited.

Thanks

So it wouldn’t work with a 12v Bluetooth relay such as this then?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-4-Channel-Bluetooth-Relay-Android-Mobile-Remote-control-Switch-4ch-for-Motor-LED-Light-lamp/32707569076.html?source={ifdyn:dyn}{ifpla:pla}{ifdbm:DBM&albch=DID}&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=658432961&albag=33762888219&slnk=&trgt=61865531738&plac=&crea=en32707569076&netw=g&device=t&mtctp=&gclid=CjwKEAjwh9PGBRCfso2n3ODgvUcSJAAhpW5oOo_hM6AbM1mn-Er9PiPgM1Vosm8L02aWyazRgMObCRoCpM7w_wcB

That’d be awesome if it could

Sam

Hi all,

At this point it looks like Bluetooth is not supported at all anymore. Maybe I’m missing something. But Bluetooth is completely erased in the compatibility list http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Request for detecting devices for proximity tracking and identification by bluetooth would be appreciated.

@vera some update on what to expect would be a minimum what you can do. Even if it’s bad news that you’ve decided to not support at all anymore.

Cheers

This is what I’ve got from support some time ago:

The missing ?Bluetooth Settings? and ?Other Bluetooth devices? is related to the latest update, they got removed in the latest build as we are working on a different type of integration that is BLE enabled and we had to remove those, we do not have an ETA for when the new wizards and settings would be released.

[quote=“kwieto, post:19, topic:191135”]This is what I’ve got from support some time ago:

The missing ?Bluetooth Settings? and ?Other Bluetooth devices? is related to the latest update, they got removed in the latest build as we are working on a different type of integration that is BLE enabled and we had to remove those, we do not have an ETA for when the new wizards and settings would be released.
[/quote]

Is there any news? I cannot see any bluetooth menu in Vera Plus