VeraMobile for Android 7.30.204 - 03-June-2019

not the same thread that i was mentioning
but here is another person that had the same issue back in April
https://community.getvera.com/t/not-receiving-android-push-notifications/208049

Unable to see anything otherthan 7.30.202 Beta.

I have great news. The app should be up, for everyone.

" Your update to VeraMobile™ is live in the store."

Any possible recent issues with notifications are not related to the April report. Back then it was an issue with the Google Cloud sync which was sorted out by resetting app cache.

Please try the new app (make sure your Vera is running the latest fw as well), clean the app cache and if the issue continues, please have our CC team have a look at this matter.

Thanks.

@Sorin

i have tried calling support several times
i get music for about 5+ minutes then get told no agents are available and to leave a message
i have yet to get a call back

as i have mentioned i have been on 7.30.202 for several days now
this is the version that seems to have introduced the issue, if not the one before
also as mentioned, i have cleared cache, cleared data, uniunstalled, re-installed, re-authorized all permissions, disabled battery optimization for that app.
it continues to only notify while in the app
unless its geofence
i do get emails but not push notifications if the app is not the foreground app on screen
these are all things i previously wrote

i did notice that in the android app settings under notifications
several options are no longer there
only geofence is

i never did get 7.30.203 (the version on this thread)

however this morning i just got 7.30.204
this version has additional options in the android app settings under notifications as it used to
also after opening this new version it asked for permission to run in the background

it seems to me that perhaps .202/.203 must have been known for this issue
as .203 was not released
and now .204 seems to not only be working but actually have the correct items to authorize and actually asks for permission to run in the back ground

it would seem i was incorrectly being dismissed
this is rather disappointing and upsetting
this is no different then how vera operated under old management

it seems to now work
i will keep monitoring and advise

The version number is my fault as I used the Beta thread.
.204 is the LIVE version and I’ve corrected that.

@Sorin
you should have been more willing to listen to the issue that support would not call back on

its clear the issue existed in 202 possibly 203
and was fixed in 204

its not very good to dismiss people
especially when it turn out they were correct

i’m can now see that you replied just 15 minutes ago
in the push notification thread that i previously could not find

in there you assure people that you were aware of the issue and that it is fixed in .204

but in this thread you were certain there was no issue

I’m sorry if it seems you were dismissed, this is not our intention. It’s clear that internal communication about a reported issue could have been better. There were two separate issues related to the Android app reported back in April, that we internally discussed.

One related to the Google services that were confirmed by them, and a few of our users(here on the forum) which was resolved by clearing the cache.

And a second issue that was possibly related to the app that our mobile team could not confirm until the release of .204 which should also address it, as confirmed by you as well.

In regards to the Customer Care responsiveness - I’m sorry for this but our Customer Care Manager would love to look into this if can shoot me a PM with the caller id.

I am on 204 as of this morning and it does NOT fix my issue.

I received version 7.30.204 this morning, June 5, 2019. Looking forward to trying the new geofencing.

@aschnell
its been a few hours and my app is not in the foreground and notifications still working
try full uninstall/re-install
clear cache and data if you must
approve all requests
allow to run in background on request
you will need to turn geofence back on to get the request
its off by default on install
if you have android 8 or 9 (oreo or pie)
disable battery optimization for the vera app so it does NOT go to sleep

barring all of that
if it still does not work
login to your controller
go to notifications for your user
disable then re-enable push

this should work

1 Like

I have tried all this. Even rebooted my Vera and still no notifications. Support is telling me to add a phone number? So what i can get txt messages? Not sure how many times i can reiterate that PUSH notifications don’t work. Never had a phone number in there before used to work until the last 2 beta releases. Something broke (at least for me) and is still broken. I’m on Pixel 3 with Android 9. And you want people to rely on this for home security?
Can i just get an old apk, just send me that so i can sideload…

no number needed
heck, no email needed either for push
but at one point i did need to
-uncheck push
-apply
-check push
-apply

also be 100% certain that you disabled battery optimization for the vera app after re-installing it, and also after every update

some apps actually ask you at installation (to disable battery optimization for the app)
the vera app still does not
its a manual task and needs to be repeated on install/re-install/update

Updated the app on my Samsung SPH-L300 which shows as compatible in the play store. App launches and I get the dashed spinning wheel briefly then screen goes blank and app goes into background but remains open. Also tried clean install after clearing data and uninstalling and re-installing. Same result.

@Tarkus, please log a ticket with our Customer Care team, using this link. We may need to have a closer look at your setup.
LE: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

how old is this phone
does it even run android
if so what version
i was only able to find Samsung SPH-M300 which is a flip phone from 2007

Yep it is old, not a flip top though, model is actually SPH-L300, ran every previous version of Vera Mobile without a problem other than Geo fencing being hit or miss. Reverted back to previous version for now.

acording to GSM areana
the android version for this phone maxes out at
4.1 (Jelly Bean), thats api level 16
9.0 pie is level 28
i dont know of too many applications that support below api 21 sometimes 19
that is ancient, it may just be compatability issues

As a sidenote, the use of “as I said before” and “as noted/referenced/mentioned earlier” is considered condescending and not the best approach to working with anyone whether they be co-workers or outside vendors, support, etc.

Just a little helpful guidance. Have a great afternoon!

1 Like

Perhaps, this is 4.12. I use the phone primarily for calls and text and serves me well in that regard. My other mobile devices which are Android current are wifi only. Will upgrade phone eventually.