VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)

Just to confirm, that yes definitely VeraMate supports UI5 through to UI7 (though as airedale points out, UI6 and UI7 are effectively beta, but is still supported by VM).

And thanks @RichardTSchaefer who should have cleared up the profiles tab is on the VeraAlerts plugin if you choose to use that as well. I’ll update the FAQ to make this a bit more clearer…

I must be doing something wrong.

I have the VeraMate Alerts Plugin installed. It says “Alerts are sent to:” and has my correct Vera login name. I setup a scene where it would notify me at sunset that my lights are on. The scene ran, the Plugin shows “2015-02-02 18:09:37 Sunset - Lights on”, but I never receive a notification.

What I am really looking to do is when my Yale lock has a pin code entered, it sends me a verbose text message full of junk, from a random number. I really want it to send a more meaningful message like “Housekeeper code entered”. The Yale Lock has a notification page, but it just enters the Vera name and it sends me a text.

I’ve never coded anything in the LUA and after crashing my Vera 3 times using the iPhone indicator, I’m a little hesitant to try!

You also need to register your VeraMate app with my server which pushes the notification, by going to the alerts screen in VeraMate (a tab under settings). If you’ve done that, PM me your username, and I’ll check it was registered correctly with the server. (There are no known issues with the registration though).

The LUUP in the FAQ is extremely simple, so wouldn’t crash your Vera. (Even if you need to put in some if statements based on the PIN or something, I can’t see it breaking Vera). If you do want your own message, this is the only way to go though.

THANK you so much for the assistance!

I love VeraMate and just purchased the premium version for my iPad.

Hi!

I trying the Luup code

luup.call_action(“urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN”, “SendAlert”,
{Msg = “Virtual Dev is Opened”, AlertedDeviceId = “40”}, deviceid)

I have a 40 devideID, this is a virtual switch
But i received the message, without device icon…and without alerted device ID.
Was in message only the text : Virtual Dev is Open

[quote=“slajgaj, post:25, topic:181792”]I trying the Luup code

{Msg = “Virtual Dev is Opened”, AlertedDeviceId = “40”}, deviceid)

I have a 40 devideID, this is a virtual switch[/quote]

The AlertedDeviceId is used so VeraMate knows what device it is - only used to show the correct icon. Additionally, the last “deviceid” there should be the id of your VeraMate plugin… this shouldn’t work if you haven’t put it in. Could you confirm that’s the exact command you’re using?

My luup code is:

{Msg = “Virtual Dev is Open!”, AlertedDeviceId = “35”}, 34)

Where the 35 ID is the Virtual Dev ID and the 34 is the VeraMate plugin dev ID.

[quote=“slajgaj, post:27, topic:181792”]My luup code is:

{Msg = “Virtual Dev is Open!”, AlertedDeviceId = “35”}, 34)

Where the 35 ID is the Virtual Dev ID and the 34 is the VeraMate plugin dev ID.[/quote]

I’ve checked the code and VeraMate should be showing the icon for that device. It’s possible it’s not working with the virtual switch - could you confirm the link to the plugin, and I’ll see if there’s a problem with this.

Yes, thank you with other devices is working, but now i can see with virtual device is working :slight_smile:
Thanks
Maybe i was a stupid :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have been able to confirm on two different phones that my Alerts button is not showing up, even though I have 146 alerts that need to be viewed according to the badge on the app icon. I am getting the alerts in the notification center, but not in the app.

Also at the same time, as a feature request, I’d like to be able to go back into my alerts and view them from a history perspective. When the button was working, it would only show up when new alerts came in. After I viewed them, the alerts button would go away. I’d like to be able to view the alerts more than once.

Thanks!

[quote=“airedale, post:30, topic:181792”]I have been able to confirm on two different phones that my Alerts button is not showing up, even though I have 146 alerts that need to be viewed according to the badge on the app icon. I am getting the alerts in the notification center, but not in the app.

Also at the same time, as a feature request, I’d like to be able to go back into my alerts and view them from a history perspective. When the button was working, it would only show up when new alerts came in. After I viewed them, the alerts button would go away. I’d like to be able to view the alerts more than once.[/quote]

If you can ping me your username, I’ll check the server.

Could you elaborate more on how you’re not seeing them in the app? If you see them in Apple’s notification center, the badge with 146 on VeraMate, then it would appear everything is setup properly and interacting with the push notification server. Just to clarify - alerts only show a “popup” when you have the app open, or click on it via the notification center. Otherwise just entering the app, you need to click on the green “Alerts” button. If it’s not there (i.e, you’ve read all alerts), you need to go into the menu (top right gear icon), and there will be an Alerts tab.

As for the history, VeraMate doesn’t actually clear them from the alerts screen unless you press the read all button (the check mark) - new alerts are shown highlighted.

The alerts icon will not show up. I’ll PM you my username.

I am using VeraMate and using UI5 and there isn’t a notification tab for the plug in. Is all I have is Control, Settings, and Advanced tabs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wade

The notifications are setup using the notification on the device/scene you wish to be notified on, not on the plugin (if that’s what you mean?). But those notifications that are setup via Vera’s notifications itself require the VeraAlerts plugin (which is separate to VeraMate), otherwise you will need to specify calls in LUUP, which is a bit more advanced.

More information is on the FAQ: VeraMate - FAQ - Push Notifications

I read the FAQ and I think I am just not getting it. I have a Schlage lock that sends me a text when a code is entered to unlock it. Do I have to crate a scene with the VeraMate plugin and the lock to get push notifications? Also I do not see a “plugin forwarding tab” in settings of the plugin.

Thanks, Wade

I finally figured it out! Works great!

Boy, did it ever take a me a while to figure out how to do this!

There is some confusion in your FAQ, especially the following observations:

1. You use two terms interchangeably for the same App. The downloaded module is called “VeraMate Alerts Plug-in” but you also refer to it as “VeraMate Plug-in” and also just “VeraMate Alerts”.

2. The interchangeable terminology caused me NOT to understand that there was a second module, “VeraAlerts” that also had to be installed. I had thought you were referring to the same downloaded item in each case.

3. The VeraAlerts ‘Notification Configuration’ tab (Devices > VeraAlerts > ‘Notification Configuration’) is not mentioned as a very useful place to check that all notifications are set up and ready to go.

Thanks for working on this! It’s nice to have these notifications, especially when the door locks are used or the garage door is opened/closed.

Thanks for the feedback on the FAQ. I know this is a bit confusing due to the similiarity of names - I’ll try and update this to be clearer.

Has anyone actually got this working to send notifications to their iPhone?

I have purchased the premium version of the app.
I have loaded and sent tests from the Vera Alerts plug-in

I can NOT get the “enable alerts” switch to stay on after exiting settings.
I do NOT get any notifications.

Even after upgrading I did see a message saying I only get 2 free alerts. Tried again to “Restore Purchases” but still NOTHING!

Just looking for an answer to get this working. I have tried emailing, tweeting, posting on Facebook, and no response. ???

[quote=“asggold, post:39, topic:181792”]Has anyone actually got this working to send notifications to their iPhone?

I have purchased the premium version of the app.
I have loaded and sent tests from the Vera Alerts plug-in

I can NOT get the “enable alerts” switch to stay on after exiting settings.
I do NOT get any notifications.

Even after upgrading I did see a message saying I only get 2 free alerts. Tried again to “Restore Purchases” but still NOTHING!

Just looking for an answer to get this working. I have tried emailing, tweeting, posting on Facebook, and no response. ???[/quote]

I have had the pleasure of seeing every one of your messages across all mediums (it might surprise you not everyone is awake or working 24 hours) - I will take this up in the support area to understand what your problem might be (there are currently no known problem with notifications).