Veralite + wireless security - self monitored+ z-wave

@luniz97 I use my Schlage Keypads as the alarm interface (arming away, disarming), my tablet and cell phone as the “at home” alarm interface (arming home, disarming when leaving), Schlage motion detectors and door/window sensors, GE light switches, and a Fortrezz siren… so far it works flawless. I’ve had family members come by that have keys and who didn’t disarm the alarm and I have been notified every single time.

I even have my arm away scene shut off my Nest thermostat and turn off all my lights (except my outside lights). Then I have the Ghost app run my lights if I am away for a few days…

Luniz97, thanks for the chime in - I knew I was not alone after reading that answer in every thread I found in a search. If you are taking offense to my remarks then thats too bad. The fact is even when doing a search MANY times people have recieved the same answer “do a search” or vera is not good for security, the next time you feel like typing “do a search,” don’t, just find another thread to help someone that u feel is up to ur standards of what is required for a real answer. You are just wasting your time and everyone else’s. Make some stickies for the top of the forum/pages if you feel questions are always asked. Otherwise be helpful please.

I find it interesting that you state that stating “do a search” is wasting your time and others remark. When in fact it is the other way around. People who ask questions that could be easily found by searching is wasting your time and others.

• Garrett

I find it interesting that you state that stating “do a search” is wasting your time and others remark. When in fact it is the other way around. People who ask questions that could be easily found by searching is wasting your time and others.

• Garrett[/quote]

The forum is flooded with the same questions which may have been answered a long time ago. When we do a search these days all we read is people saying, “go do a search.” That leads to lack of information; the easiest would be to reference/link a previous threads that has enough information to help. You are wasting your time with a useless statement that helps no one, and you are wasting other people’s time because of the issue stated above. Sticky threads at the top of each forum section would solve all these problems. Is there a public admin that can add stuff to stickies or is the forum admin from mi casa verde? If the answer is, there is a public admin, then we can start making stickies and rely on them being posted. I will do my part, and when I do solve any problems as I go, I will start to compile the links to threads with real answers. Now you understand the frustrations of many. Although stickies would also increase sales for vera bc people will be able to see how much the system can do and how easily they will be able to figure out how to do it.

Searching for an answer prior to posting a question is a common courtesy shared between most community forums, including forums that I have had the pleasure of creating/running in the past.

Searches for issues should always be performed first. If nothing is found, then a post regarding the issue/question is deemed appropriate.

However, a reply of “do a search” is a waste of forum space, and would ALWAYS get deleted by my moderators. A quick reply with a link to the post that the user may have overlooked is the most appropriate and useful response.

Now back to the topic at hand. Luniz97, be sure to see my post above.