VeraLite 1.5.622 thinks today is Dec 31, 1999

I really tried to find this on my own but still need to master the fine art of advanced searches?This is my first post, so please bear with me.

I bought a used (& bricked) UI6 VeraLite & installed UI7 for a couple of days before deciding UI5 was probably the better way to go. After installing 1.5.622, I installed a couple of plug ins & noticed ?no location set? error from the Weather Underground plug-in. (displayed in top-center of dashboard).

After trying to fix this, I noticed there didn’t seem to be anywhere to input location

To be clear: on Location tab (Setup → Location), the following fields are visible:
? Date format
? Timezone
? Temperature format

But page did not load below these 3 fields.

I saw a screen shot of this page & noticed I should see a couple of other fields, including a place to add KWH?

After searching the forums & clearing my browser cache to see if that would help, I decided to reinstall 1.5.622 firmware.

After doing so, my VeraLite thinks today is Friday December 31, 1999 & now shows the wrong time - even minutes are wrong. Vera shows 18:37 & it is 4:15 PM in California. ???

Any suggestions to try would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Gordon

Vera needs the correct location to be set and a working internet connection to get the initial time at bootup.

You stated that you cleared browser cache, but you didn’t say which browser you were using. Vera , UI5 especially, works best with Firefox. There can be issues with Safari and Internet Explorer fails spectacularly.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:2, topic:185590”]Vera needs the correct location to be set and a working internet connection to get the initial time at bootup.

You stated that you cleared browser cache, but you didn’t say which browser you were using. Vera , UI5 especially, works best with Firefox. There can be issues with Safari and Internet Explorer fails spectacularly.[/quote]

VeraLite has good internet connectivity.

I’ve ran the gamut of browsers & now only use Chrome. Of course, Vera being a new experience, I’ll see how Firefox behaves.

Actually - after my original post - I found that the unit stopped communicating w/ MiOS. All 3 lights on Veralite are solid. I have the dreaded yellow band on cp.mios.com & can’t easily debug it as I am brand new to this & am not sure where to turn.

I have:

1. Flashed firmware per: [url=http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_VeraLite]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_VeraLite[/url]
  2. Confirmed I can ping 192.168.81.1 (w/ ethernet between Veralite & PC)
  3. Accessed Veralite UI at //192.168.81.1 (only saw Vera logo - looks like UI7?)
  4. Plugged Veralite back into LAN. Cleared cache & logged into cp.mios.com. Dashboard still has yellow band.
  5. Enabled remote access & opened trouble ticket.
  6. Logged into home.getvera.com in case my Veralite somehow was assigned to UI7 - so I could unassign from home.getvera.com. UI7 dashboard told me “Unit not available for assign”

I’m fresh out of ideas & would be grateful for any suggestions to try. Thanks

Did you create a new account for home.getvera.com with a special character (eg !@#$%^&*) in the password? If your password does not have that character, home.getvera.com assumes you have a Ui5 unit. I have both a UI5 and a UI7 Vera. So I have 2 accounts with the same user ID but a slightly different password (1 ‘normal’ character replaced with a ‘special’ one) and home.getvera.com gets me to the correct Vera based on that password…

Reconnect your directly to your Vera, and reset your network to default in your Vera.

To explain the difference between Log In see http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3887 which explains the requirements for the two accounts.

Also, once reconnect back on your LAN, your can use a network scanner to establish the IP address or it should be identified by using.
https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php
For mobiles and tablets, FING would do the job.