Vera3 and GE 45612 - random light off

Hi everyone,

I just got started with Vera3 lite and the GE 45612. I configured a few scene that’s turning lights on and off based on sunset and sunrise. From day one, I noticed that the lights are turn off randomly but not ON. I don’t see anything in the schedule that would trigger that. One time, I turned the light on and it would go off right away. It did it 3 times in a row. It might be something wrong with the way I configured the lights? It’s a wall light dimmer controlling a socket which I have two lamps (LED bulb) plugged into. Should that work?

Thanks

Your explanation of the problem is not clear, specifically "I noticed that the lights are turn off randomly but not ON."

Your mention of dimmer and LED bulb imply a common problem where dimmers do not work correctly with low wattage loads. Typically, the dimmers have issues if the load is under 35watts. Does this sound like your issue?

Basically it’s turn off randomly but never turn on randomly.

I didn’t realized that low voltage is a problem. I thought I had a defective light switch or Veralite. So a non-dimming light switch should work.

Thanks for the help.

I do not understand what you are referring to when you say it turns off randomly.

You said; “I configured a few scene that’s turning lights on and off based on sunset and sunrise.”

So the expected behavior is for the lights to turn on and off at these times, not randomly. But, you later say; "Basically it’s turn off randomly but never turn on randomly.’

It sounds like you want to turn the light on at random times, is that correct? Why would sunrise/sunset be random?

An On/Off switch (GE 45609) will work with any wattage load.

Last night:
6:00pm The lights come on after sunset. (schedule for sunset)
The light may go off 10-20 times for no reason in the span of 5-6 hours. So I turned it back on (don’t like to sit in the dark)
12:00am The lights turn off at my schedule time

Can the GE 65409 work by itself 2-way instead of 3-way? How you would wire it? All i have is a load and a line for the current light switch.

Thanks

I see. The unexpected turn offs are exactly the type of behavior that occurs with a low wattage dimmer. Especially one that has no neutral.

The GE 45609 can and does work in a 2 way configuration, but it does require a neutral at the switch. It will not work without neutral.